The corporate governance information presented on our website is intended to help investors understand OraSure's governance practices and to provide investors with the confidence that these practices are not only consistent with applicable legal requirements, but also are designed to ensure the highest standards of ethical behavior.
Commitment to Corporate Governance
Our management and Board of Directors are committed to stringent oversight of the Company's operations and financial reporting system. The following are examples of our commitment to corporate governance:
- We have two employee-directors. Our President and Chief Executive Officer and our Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, are members of our Board.
- The remaining members of our Board are independent of management.
- The Chairman of the Board is not, and never has been, an executive at OraSure.
- The independent members of our Board meet regularly in executive session without management present.
- Our Audit Committee, Compensation Committee and Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee are each comprised solely of non-management, independent members.
- Our Audit Committee, Compensation Committee and Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee each have a written charter establishing its respective duties and responsibilities.
- Our Board and each committee of the Board, have full authority to hire independent accounting, legal or other advisors.
- Our independent registered public accounting firm reports directly to the Audit Committee.
- Our Board has adopted a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics that sets forth standards of behavior for all Directors, officers and employees of the Company.
- Our Audit Committee has adopted procedures for reporting (anonymously, if desired) questionable accounting, auditing, financial reporting or securities matters.
Communications With the Board
The Board of Directors has adopted a process for receiving communications from security holders. Any security holder desiring to communicate with the members of the Board should send their communication to the following address:
OraSure Technologies, Inc.
220 East First Street
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015
Fax: (610) 882-2275
The Company's Corporate Secretary will collect all communications and periodically provide them to the Board of Directors.
Annual Meeting Attendance
The Board of Directors has adopted a policy that each member of the Board is expected to attend the Company's Annual Meeting of Stockholders each year. The Board also, as a matter of practice, schedules a regular Board meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting, which each Director is expected to attend as well.
Corporate Governance Links
To learn more about our corporate governance practices, please click on the links above.