|Print Page | Close Window|
|Collectors Weekly features Hanger in article about history of prosthetic limb development|
San Francisco, Calif., November 7, 2012 – Collectors Weekly recently featured the story of Hanger, Inc.’s founder, James Edward Hanger, and an interview with Hanger Clinic’s Vice President of Prosthetics Kevin Carroll, MS, CP, FAAOP. Both were a part of an article detailing the history of prosthetic limb development.
The full article is available here: http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/war-and-prosthetics/.
About Hanger – Founded in 1861 by James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the Civil War, Hanger, Inc. (NYSE: HGR) owns and operates 700+ Hanger Clinic locations nationwide. Specializing in integrated rehabilitative solutions, the certified clinicians of Hanger provide patients with the latest in orthotic and prosthetic solutions, including microprocessor-controlled prosthetic limbs for amputees and neuromuscular technologies for those with paralysis due to stroke, MS and other debilitating conditions. After a six-month celebration of its 150th anniversary, on February 1, 2012 Hanger unveiled a comprehensive new brand identity to position the company for the future. The new brand includes renaming the parent company from Hanger Orthopedic Group, Inc. to “Hanger, Inc.”, and referring to the patient care business as “Hanger Clinic” (formerly Hanger Prosthetics and Orthotics). For more information on Hanger and the new brand, visit www.hanger.com, or follow us on www.Facebook.com/HangerNews, www.Twitter.com/HangerNews, and www.YouTube.com/HangerNews.
Jennifer Bittner, Hanger, Inc.
Krisita Burket, Hanger, Inc.