World's Largest Technology Distributor and Its Sponsors Give $25,000 to Each of the Six Charities
SANTA ANA, CA, May 26, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) --Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), the world's largest technology distributor, again showed its support for its local community and the military by presenting $150,000 to local charities at its 18th Annual West Coast Charity Golf Tournament, held on Saturday, May 21 at the Tustin Ranch Golf Course in Tustin, Calif. With the help of partners and sponsors, the tournament provided six charities with donations of $25,000 each:
- Project HOPE School Foundation - Project HOPE is a county-run school designed to help children without permanent homes transition into the mainstream educational system.
- Families Forward - an Irvine-based nonprofit group that provides families in crisis with food, employment and housing assistance.
- The Joyful Child Foundation- In Memory of Samantha Runnion was founded after the abduction, molestation and murder of five-year old Samantha Runnion, and focuses on proactive approaches to dealing with the difficult issues of violence against children.
- Wounded Warriors - WWP's purpose is to raise awareness and enlist the public's aid for the needs of injured service members and their families.
- Friends & Helpers - Their goal is to support and encourage women, teens and children, all of whom are victims of domestic violence.
- Hands Together - Hands Together is devoted to educating, inspiring and encouraging people to understand the importance of responding to the needs of the poor and disadvantaged.
"Ingram Micro has always had a tradition of giving back to the communities in which we work and live, and this annual golf tournament is one of the best ways to bring our associates and partners together to keep that tradition going," said Keith Bradley, president, Ingram Micro North America. "We're very fortunate to be able to partner with our vendor community and give to both local and national charities. In the 18 years that we have held the tournament, we've raised nearly $1 million and supported more than 50 non-profit organizations. We are grateful to all who participate."
This year's tournament drew 128 golfers, including Ingram Micro executives, associates and family members, customers and vendors. In addition, for those non-golfers who still wanted to show their support, Ingram Micro held its First Annual Wine Tasting and Gourmet Cooking Demonstration, sponsored by South Coast Winery. As golfers and guests enjoyed refreshments and the awards ceremony following the tournament and wine tasting, a silent auction of unique items contributed by a variety of sponsors and member companies was also held.
The charity event was sponsored by Ingram Micro's strategic vendors and manufacturer representatives, including L&T InfoTech, Cisco, Cap Gemini, SAP America, Inc., ACS and Genpact LLC. For more information about Ingram Micro's Community Relations activities, visit the Corporate Social Responsibility page of our company's website.
Follow Ingram Micro on Twitter at http://twitter.com/IngramMicroInc
View Ingram Micro on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/ingrammicroinc Like Ingram Micro on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Ingram-Micro/171271609572364
About Ingram Micro Inc.
As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics, technical and financial support, managed and cloud-based services, and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving more than 150 countries on six continents with the world's most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Visit www.ingrammicro.com.
Copyright 2011 Ingram Micro Inc. All rights reserved. Ingram Micro and the registered Ingram Micro logo are trademarks used under license by Ingram Micro Inc.
SOURCE: Ingram Micro