FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
General Inquiries: Jay Kraft, Liberty Property Trust, 804/934-4300
Media Contact: Margo Hunt Winans, a.s.a.p.r., 757/404-8653
LIBERTY PROPERTY TRUST SIGNS FOUR NEW LEASES IN RICHMOND
Company Finalizes Six Renewals/Expansions Totaling 19,748 Square Feet
RICHMOND, VA – April 6, 2009 – Liberty Property Trust (NYSE: LRY), which owns and manages more than five million square feet of office and industrial space in the greater Richmond area, today announced that it has recently signed four new leases within its Richmond portfolio.
Stanley Security Solutions, Inc. signed a new lease for 8,659 square feet at Woodlands II in Sandston. The company will move into its new flex space located at 510 Eastpark Court next month. John Carpin of CB Richard Ellis represented Stanley Security Solutions and Brian Felton represented Liberty in the transaction.
Also in Sandston, Dunn’s Floor Covering, Inc. has signed a new lease for 4,800 square feet at Woodlands IV, located at 530 Eastpark Court. The company moved into its new space last month. Brian Felton represented Liberty in the transaction.
Canon Business Solutions Inc. signed a long-term lease at Westerre IV, located at 3901 Westerre Parkway in Richmond. The company has leased 4,543 square feet of class A office space and will move into its new location next month. Della Conti of GVA Advantis represented Canon Business Solutions and Brian Witthoefft represented Liberty in the transaction.
Hitachi Data Systems, Inc. signed a long-term lease at Westerre IV, located at 3901 Westerre Parkway in Richmond. The company has leased 2,023 square feet of class A office space and will move into its new location in May. Mark Douglas of Thalhimer represented Hitachi Data Systems and Brian Witthoefft represented Liberty in the transaction.
Liberty also renewed and/or expanded six leases in the portfolio:
• Phoenix Metals Company has renewed its lease and expanded its premises for a total of 9,865 square feet at Eastport III, located at 5700 Eastport Boulevard in Richmond. Liberty will manage the fit-out of the addition. Dean Meyer and Dawn Calabrese at Thalhimer represented Phoenix Metals in the lease transaction.
• Canon USA Inc. has renewed its lease of 4,956 square feet at Woodlands II, located at Eastpark Court in Sandston. Canon USA has been a Liberty tenant for more than six years.
• Challa Law Offices, PLC has renewed its lease at Westgate II. Located at 200 Westgate Parkway, the company has renewed its lease for 2,017 square feet.
• Thyssenkrupp Materials, Inc. renewed 1,148 square feet of class A office space at Boulders II, located at 7400 Beaufont Springs Drive in Richmond.
• Dominion Partners, LLC has renewed its lease at Liberty Plaza I in Glen Allen for 940 square feet. The company has been a Liberty tenant at 4801 Cox Road for since 2003.
• Winetrend Inc. renewed 822 square feet at Innsbrook Commons located 4121 Cox Road in Glen Allen.
About Liberty Property Trust
Liberty Property Trust (NYSE:LRY), headquartered in Malvern, PA, is dedicated to enhancing people’s lives through extraordinary work environments. The real estate investment trust (REIT) serves customers in the United States and United Kingdom through the development, acquisition, ownership and management of superior office and industrial properties. Liberty's 77 million square foot portfolio offers exceptional locations and flexible design to more than 2,100 tenants at approximately 750 office, distribution and light manufacturing facilities. The company has received numerous recognitions for its leadership, customer service and commitment to the development of high performance green buildings and was recently recognized as the 2008 NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties) Developer of the Year. For more information visit: www.libertyproperty.com.