- Access to library of Everyday Food magazine recipes and the ability to create and store shopping lists makes meal planning and grocery shopping easy using iPhone and iPod touch
- New App Further Extends MSLO's Popular Everyday Food Brand
NEW YORK, Feb 16, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (NYSE: MSO) today announced the launch of the "Martha's Everyday Food(TM)" App on the App Store. The app gives iPhone and iPod touch users access to thousands of delicious, family friendly Everyday Food magazine recipes that can be shared, saved and organized into mobile shopping lists, making meal planning and grocery shopping easier and more efficient.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100216/NY54948 )
"The Everyday Food brand is built around convenience, simplicity and seasonality, and our new app for iPhone and iPod touch puts these principles to work wherever and whenever consumers want," said Gail Horwood, MSLO's SVP Digital Programming & Strategy.
Features of the app include:
- Get Daily Dinner Ideas: Receive a daily alert with a new dinner recipe idea from Martha and her team with cooking, shopping and serving tips.
- Find Recipes: Search and download thousands of Everyday Food magazine recipes, featuring large photos optimized for each device. Share recipes via email with friends and family; save favorites to a universal recipe box.
- Create and Organize Shopping Lists: Using ZipList (http://www.ziplist.com/), a free online shopping list and recipe service that powers the app, you can add any recipe's ingredients to your grocery list with one click. Create multiple shopping lists by event, store, or whatever works for you. Items can be sorted by aisle or category and prioritized by marking their level of importance - ideal for quick grocery stops when there's only enough time to pick up the most-needed items on the list.
- Save, Share and Synchronize: Sync and share your shopping lists and recipe box on the web. Family members can add or remove items via www.ziplist.com, email, instant message or text message - and the list is automatically synced with your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Find a Store: Locate a nearby store using GPS technology or zip code search, including maps and driving directions.
"Martha's Everyday Food(TM)" App is available for $0.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
The app is powered by ZipList, a customizable, multiplatform digital grocery planning and shopping service in which MSLO has taken a minority equity stake. As part of MSLO's investment, Gail Horwood serves on ZipList's Board of Directors.
Founded in December 2007, ZipList is the brainchild of Geoff Allen, an established entrepreneur with a strong track record in the digital space. His previous ventures include Grab Networks, which helps content producers manage, syndicate and monetize their video online, and Echo360, a leading provider of lecture capture solutions for colleges and universities. ZipList can be found on the web at http://www.ziplist.com/ or on Twitter at @ZipList.
"Martha's Everyday Food(TM)" App for iPhone and iPod touch further extends MSLO's growing Everyday Food brand, which encompasses the popular Everyday Food magazine, the "Everyday Food" television series, which is the No. 1 cooking show on PBS; "Everyday Food Radio Show" on SIRIUS channel 112 and XM Radio 157; and the bestselling book Everyday Food: Great Food Fast. The latest Everyday Food book titled Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast launches on February 23rd. The brand also has an online presence with the "Everyday Food" blog on marthastewart.com offering daily recipes, news, ideas and inspiration from the editors of the magazine; "Everyday Food" on Twitter; and an online newsletter.
About Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (NYSE: MSO) is a diversified media and merchandising company, inspiring and engaging consumers with unique lifestyle content and distinctive products. The Publishing segment encompasses four magazines, including the company's flagship publication, Martha Stewart Living, periodic special issues and books. The marthastewart.com website provides consumers with instant access to MSLO's multimedia library, search and find capabilities, recipes, online workshops, community and personalization, as well as wedding-planning tools powered by WeddingWire and digital invitations with pingg.com. The Broadcasting segment produces such programming as the Emmy-winning daily, nationally syndicated television series, "The Martha Stewart Show," and Martha Stewart Living Radio on SIRIUS channel 112 and XM Radio 157. In addition to its media properties, MSLO offers high-quality Martha Stewart products through licensing agreements with carefully selected companies, including the Martha Stewart Collection exclusively at Macy's, Martha Stewart Everyday at Kmart, the Martha Stewart Living line of home-improvement products at The Home Depot, Martha Stewart Crafts with EK Success at Michaels and independent retailers, Martha Stewart for 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, the forthcoming Martha Stewart Pets line at PetSmart and more. In 2008, Emeril Lagasse joined the Martha Stewart family of brands; MSLO acquired the assets related to Lagasse's media and merchandising business, including television programming, cookbooks, and emerils.com website and his licensed kitchen and food products. For additional information about MSLO, visit http://www.marthastewart.com/.
SOURCE Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.