Season Premiere on Sunday, April 18 at 8:00 PM/ET
Diverse Season Line-up of Celebrity Guests to Include Eli Manning, Mario Batali, Sammy Hagar, Steve Schirripa, Jennie Garth and Elmo, Among Others
New York, NY – April 1, 2010 – Emeril Lagasse will host an A-list roster of celebrity friends at weekly celebrations on his new ION Television series, "The Emeril Lagasse Show," launching Sunday, April 18, at 8:00 PM, ET with a housewarming party-themed premiere featuring special guest Martha Stewart. The upcoming season of the network’s first original series will also feature a diverse line-up of guests, including football hero Eli Manning, chef/author/restauranteur Mario Batali, rock musician Sammy Hagar, actor Steve Schirripa (“Sopranos”), actress Jennie Garth (“90210”), and everybody’s favorite red furry friend, Elmo, among many others.
In this new weekly, one-hour variety television show, Chef Emeril Lagasse, with the help of acclaimed bandleader Dave Koz and The Kozmos house band, will share his world, his friends and his passion for food with the studio and home audience. Each week, viewers will be welcomed into an evening of food, entertainment, music and fun and games as Emeril gives new meaning to the term, “let the good times roll.” Audience members will have opportunities to cook on stage and play games to win the weekly prize in The Big Bam Box. Viewers will also be able to participate online at www.emerils.com
Every episode of “The Emeril Lagasse Show” will feature a themed celebration. The series premiere will kick off with a proper “Emeril’s Housewarming Party,” attended by the world’s most celebrated hostess, Martha Stewart. Singer Michelle Williams, formerly of Destiny’s Child, will add to the excitement by performing “Roxie” from her hit show, “Chicago.”
Future episodes (not in airdate order) will feature:
- Emeril throwing a big tailgate party as part of “Sports Night” with NY Giants quarterback Eli Manning.
- “Italian Chowdown” featuring Emeril’s good pal Chef Mario Batali, who will share highlights from a recent vacation to Italy, while the boys of legendary Arthur Avenue provide a taste of the Bronx with a memorable lesson on making mozzarella.
- In “Emeril’s Fiesta,” Sammy Hagar brings his fiesta flavor with some outlandish tequila cocktails.
- “Guy's Night” features Steve Schirripa joining Emeril for good food, good beer and good times. Learn the insider secrets behind pairing beers with your manly meals.
- Emeril goes country in “Emeril’s Heartland” when Jennie Garth swings by to whip up the most comforting of comfort foods, and musical guest, Lonestar, helps Emeril lasso some authentic cowboy flavor with great tunes.
- “A Family Affair” features special guest Elmo and Emeril’s family for an hour of fun, music and, of course, food. Emeril's son E.J. and daughter Meril reveal the apples don’t fall far from the tree when each creates their own signature dish.
- Love is all around on the “Romance is in the Air” episode when Allison Sweeney of “Days of Our Lives” and “The Biggest Loser,” visits for a crash course in the art of romance.
- Bryan Batt of “Mad Men” visits the show for the “Blasts from the Past,” hour. Memories of parties past are stirred up with the food, drinks and music that have defined decades.
- Chef and Restaurateur Tom Colicchio of “Top Chef” and Chef Gale Gand join the fun for the “Emeril’s Favorites” hour where Emeril shares some of his favorite foods while musical guest The Ebony Hillbillies drop in for a song.
- Emeril demonstrates how to throw an inexpensive yet fabulous bash in the “BAM for Your Buck” episode. CNBC anchor Maria “Money Honey” Bartiromo of “Closing Bell” stops by and musical guests STOMP pump up the volume.
- In the “Do-It-Yourself” episode, “Project Runway’s” Tim Gunn helps Emeril put together a home-made hour of fun with musical guest Bo Bice (“American Idol”).
- “The View” Co-Host Sherri Shepherd and Emeril pair up for the “Staycation” hour, sharing fun-filled vacation ideas without the travel hassles.
National TV personality Chef Emeril Lagasse is the chef/proprietor of thirteen restaurants across the country. Emeril (www.emerils.com) is the best-selling author of fourteen cookbooks including his latest, Emeril 20-40-60: Fresh Food Fast. In September 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support and encourage culinary arts and education programs for children. As of November 2009, Emeril Lagasse Foundation has given over $3.2 million to children’s causes in New Orleans and on the Gulf Coast.
About Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (NYSE: MSO) is a diversified media and merchandising company, inspiring and engaging consumers with unique lifestyle content and distinctive products. The Publishing segment encompasses four magazines, including the company's flagship publication, Martha Stewart Living, periodic special issues and books. The marthastewart.com website provides consumers with instant access to MSLO's multimedia library, search and find capabilities, recipes, online workshops, community and personalization, as well as wedding-planning tools powered by WeddingWire and digital invitations with pingg.com. The Broadcasting segment produces such programming as the Emmy-winning daily, nationally syndicated television series, "The Martha Stewart Show," and Martha Stewart Living Radio on SIRIUS channel 112 and XM Radio 157. In addition to its media properties, MSLO offers high-quality Martha Stewart products through licensing agreements with carefully selected companies, including the Martha Stewart Collection exclusively at Macy's, the Martha Stewart Living line of home-improvement products at The Home Depot, Martha Stewart Crafts with EK Success at Michaels and independent retailers, Martha Stewart for 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, the forthcoming Martha Stewart Pets line at PetSmart and more. In 2008, Emeril Lagasse joined the Martha Stewart family of brands; MSLO acquired the assets related to Lagasse's media and merchandising business, including television programming, cookbooks, and emerils.com website and his licensed kitchen and food products. For additional information about MSLO, visit www.marthastewart.com.
About ION Television
ION Television (www.iontelevision.com) is a general entertainment network which reaches over 97 million U.S. television households via its nationwide broadcast television, cable and satellite distribution systems. Launched in 2006, ION Television features popular TV series and movies from the award-winning libraries of CBS Television, NBC Universal, Twentieth Television and Warner Bros. Parent company, ION Media Networks, Inc., owns and operates the nation's largest broadcast television station group. Using its digital multicasting capability, ION Media Networks has launched the digital TV brands qubo, a channel for children focusing on literacy and values, and ION Life, a channel dedicated to active living and personal growth. It also has launched Open Mobile Ventures Corporation (OMVION), a business unit focused on the research and development of portable, mobile and out-of-home transmission technology using over-the-air digital television spectrum. For more information, visit www.ionmedia.com.
NOTE TO MEDIA: Full digital press kits for “The Emeril Lagasse Show” may be accessed at http://www.ionpress.com/.
Sayles & Winnikoff
Sayles & Winnikoff