|Macy’s Launches the “Martha Stewart Collection™” Nationwide|
Marking the company's largest brand rollout ever, the collection offers unique ideas
and inspired solutions for decorating, cooking and entertaining
NEW YORK – September 10, 2007 – Macy's today announced the official launch of its exclusive “Martha Stewart Collection,” available at all of its full-line department stores across the country. Representing the largest brand rollout in Macy's history, the Martha Stewart Collection is a broad assortment of bed, bath, entertaining, and cooking products inspired by Martha's personal collections and favorite things.
“The new Martha Stewart Collection will take Macy's home assortment to a whole new level of interest and relevance for our customer—supported by an editorial voice that is one of the world's most-recognized authorities on home decorating and entertaining,” says Tim Adams, chairman and CEO of Macy's Home Store. “In the spirit of Martha's own love of collecting, the new product at Macy's is the most authentic expression of the Martha Stewart perspective, articulated throughout the collection with personal inspirations like design references from her antique linen collection to new interpretations of faux bois. The Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's is truly the content of her magazine and the original Martha by Mail Catalog come to life in our stores.”
The Martha Stewart Collection encompasses a broad range of home goods— including bed and bath textiles, housewares, casual dinnerware, flatware, glassware, cookware, holiday decorating and trim items— all developed exclusively for the discerning Macy's customer.
“The Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's is inspired by my own collections,” says Martha Stewart, Founder. “From antiques to my unique holiday treasures, we've created versions of the things I love in my own home, of special pieces and designs I've collected from around the world.”
Macy's stores will also carry Martha Stewart Collection home furnishing products, Special Occasions merchandise, bridal registry items, and Martha Stewart books. The line also offers products such as holiday-specific food preparation pieces like cookie cutters, cake stencils and decorating kits that expand Macy's into new categories.
“The Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's is the realization of her distinct editorial voice—the ideas you've come to expect from her translated to a lifestyle story on our selling floor,” says Adams.
Martha Stewart Collection “shops” will be prominently positioned within each respective department. In “The Cellar,” for example, Martha Stewart Collection cooks' tools will be merchandised together, with a wall of tools and kitchen accessories anchoring the brand's in-store design statement. In decorative housewares, the Martha Stewart Collection of casual dinnerware, glassware, flatware, and oven-to-table products will be mixed and stacked on display tables or presented on fixtures that replicate those in Martha's home and television studio set.
“The Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's has a pure Martha ‘tone,'” says Adams. “It's the intersection of her unique perspective on color, classic style, and collecting inspirations that make this brand so special. And it's these same characteristics that will add real lift and differentiation to our stores.”
The Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's will consist of assortments in a number of business lines. Here is some of what you can expect.
Bed & Bath Textiles
- Patterns inspired by Martha's favorite things, including Faux Bois (false wood), Coral Spray, Maidenhair Fern, and Trousseau that coordinate across bedding, bath, and decorative housewares categories.
- Coordinated collections that make it simple to create a beautifully appointed bedroom, including 24-piece “Well-Decorated Bedroom” sets (complete bedding and window treatments), 10-piece “Well-Decorated Bed” sets (comforter, sheet set, shams), six-piece comforter sets, and three-piece quilt sets (quilt and two shams).
- Sheets in 12 colors and 360-thread-count Pima cotton that coordinate with the bedding designs, as well as sheets that coordinate with signature patterns and a collection of luxury linens.
- An expanded flannel assortment that encompasses classic, novelty (Snowy Village, Flurry) and luxury styles.
- A Fine Linens collection, including a white Trousseau pattern bed inspired by Martha's antique linens collected from 19th century European wedding trousseaus.
- Faux Bois printed down, down-alternative, and synthetic comforters and pillow sets.
- High-quality, extra-absorbent Egyptian cotton and classic cotton terry towels, and coordinating bath rugs.
- Bath accessories in five coordinating patterns, each with a special accent, like a water decanter or votive to complement the standard pieces in each pattern.
- Shower curtains that coordinate back to the Collection's bedding designs
- Wall of cooks' tools color-coded by Martha's picks of “Must Haves” and “Have You Tried” products.
- Cookware sets and open-stock items in stainless steel, enameled and pre-seasoned cast iron, and nonstick aluminum.
- Traditional bakeware— cake pans, muffin pans, cookie sheets, and loaf pans—as well as specialty items like a cake decorating kit and cake decorating turntable. Bakeware products are available in professional-grade aluminized steel, nonstick, and silicone.
- Cutlery in a 20-piece set and cutting boards in a variety of materials and shapes, including novelty profiles such as a rooster and fish.
- An assortment of spice racks including Martha's favorite wooden four-shelf spice rack with 18 aluminum tins.
- A complete assortment of cooking preparation items, including mixing bowls, colanders, ceramic bowls, recipe box, and more.
- Canister and canister sets, along with other key storage items like a flatware tray, dish rack and paper towel holder.
- Kitchen towels and dishcloths in classic styles as well as novelty towels inspired by Martha's vintage collection.
Dinnerware & Glassware
- A whiteware collection of dinnerware in a lightweight, fine-bodied porcelain comes in wide-rim (Kensington) and narrow-rim (Montmartre) styles, designed to be mixed and matched. Complementary serveware is also available.
- Whiteware oven-to-table assortment with an elegant fluted design in a variety of shapes, including soufflé, quiche, ramekin, gratin dish, lasagna, pie dish, and mixing bowls.
- The Lorraine stencil collection, inspired by vintage French café au lait bowls, comes in four patterns of Iris and Seaglass ornamentation on ironstone.
- Iconic wireware accessories include a tree with ironstone cups, two-tier plate stand, tray, and breadbasket.
- Service-for-four dinnerware sets in Basketweave, Maple Leaf, Gold Band, and Platinum Band patterns.
- Flatware patterned after antique samples and references offers service for four, eight and 12.
- Classic glassware in sets of four are available in six styles: small wine, large wine, champagne flute, highball, martini and double old-fashioned.
- Martha's favorite Hadley glass – a popular item from the Martha By Mail catalog, along with two other styles – Waterman (classic) and Pierrepont (red).
- The Birthday Special Occasions offering from the Martha Stewart Collection includes cake pans, cake-decorating kit, cake stencils, candles, sanding sugars, number and alphabet cookie cutters, cake turntable, and chocolate, white, and lemon cake and sugar cookie mixes.
- The Martha Stewart Collection's Halloween Special Occasions assortment includes a ready-to-decorate gingerbread spooky mansion, a pumpkin carving set, cookie cutters, sanding sugars, sprinkles, marshmallow-making kit, cake stencils, silicone pumpkin cake mold, and pumpkin spice cake and gingerbread cookie mixes. A party kit provides everything for a coordinated Halloween-themed event, including garland, treat bags and cupcake toppers
- The Holiday Special Occasions offering includes a ready-to-decorate gingerbread cottage, snowflake cookie cutters, sanding sugars, sprinkles, cake stencils, chocolate tree mold, silicone igloo cake mold, and mixes for noel nut balls, and double chocolate and kitchen sink cookies.
- Four holiday themes, with inspirations from 1940's homespun vintage to the wondrous world of freshly fallen snow, each include a collection of ornaments, garland, stockings, snow globes, tree skirts, and more.
- Kugels—German for “balls”— were first used in the mid-1800s as tree decorations. For the 100th anniversary of the Great Tree in Chicago, Martha has revived the vintage kugel this season in an array of vibrant colors as the theme for the tree's centennial. Kugels will be available as tree ornaments and oversized decorative accents in select Macy's stores.
The Martha Stewart Collection is available exclusively at Macy's.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc., delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at more than 800 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and
Guam. Offering distinctive assortments including exclusive fashion and home brands, Macy's stores are operated by seven regionally based retail divisions – Macy's East, Macy's Florida, Macy's Midwest, Macy's North, Macy's Northwest, Macy's South, and Macy's West – and an online store at macys.com.
For Macy's media materials, please visit our online pressroom at www.macys.com/pressroom.
Holly Thomas, Macy's Corporate Marketing
Nicole Sutliff, Susan Magrino Agency
Emily Reaman, Susan Magrino Agency