SAN FRANCISCO – March 28, 2012 – Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA), the world’s leading provider of social game services, today announced a first-of-its kind in-game integration with Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in CastleVille. Beginning today, medieval is getting a makeover as Martha moves into players’ neighboring game boards, giving them a chance to not only interact with the entrepreneur in a brand new way, but receive special in-game rewards.
“I love playing games, but I love being in a game even more. Turning my personal domain into an imaginary and fanciful kingdom is not only fun for me and the players of CastleVille, but a clever way to share my particular style of living with an interactive and creative audience. I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to encourage my fans to take a little break in their day to play,” said Martha Stewart, founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
“Martha Stewart is someone who people across the world have welcomed into their home for years, and I’m thrilled to welcome her onto CastleVille game boards,” said David Rippy, General Manager of CastleVille. “Zynga is creating a new form of entertainment through our games, and we are always looking for ways to keep play fun and interesting, and to surprise and delight our players by bringing a bit of what they love in the real world to their virtual kingdoms. We’re honored that Martha has journeyed into CastleVille and hope our players will truly enjoy getting a chance to craft with their homemaking hero in the game.”
Beginning today through mid April, players in CastleVille will receive an invitation from Martha to visit her kingdom, a uniquely designed neighboring kingdom. The crowning and crafty features of this integration include:
- Martha, Martha, Martha: Don’t just see where she lives, interact with her! Players will be delighted to see Martha’s in-game character, the queen of DIY in the flesh (er, pixels) on their game board.
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor?: Visit Martha’s neighboring kingdom, designed after her very own Bedford home. complete with new animals (including a Friesian Horse, Araucana Chickens and Black Sheep), new flowers (Black orchid and White Tulip) as well as the largest building ever introduced in CastleVille – Martha’s home!
- Putting All Your Eggs in Martha’s Basket: Martha is hosting an Easter egg hunt in her kingdom, and in typical Martha fashion – is celebrating with a party. Along the way, players will build a crafting gazebo and work on different crafts including egg decorating.
CastleVille, one of Zynga’s most popular games with more than 27 million people that play the game each month according to AppData.com, gives players across the world a chance to build the kingdoms of their dreams, and explore lands in a unique blend of social gameplay, storytelling and fun. Since launching in November 2011, there have been:
- More than 2 billion questions completed
- 529 million royal buildings built
- More than 99 million baby cows raised
- 1.5 billion beasties banished
CastleVille is available to play on Zynga.com and Facebook in 16 languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian, Turkish, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Japanese and Thai.
Play today at castleville.com.
Game assets, b-roll and screenshots can be found here:
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ: ZNGA) is the world's leading provider of social game services with more than 240 million monthly active users playing its games, which include CityVille, FarmVille, Words With Friends, Scramble With Friends, CastleVille, Hidden Chronicles, Zynga Poker, Empires & Allies, Indiana Jones™ Adventure World, The Pioneer Trail, Mafia Wars and Café World. Zynga's games are available on a number of global platforms, including Facebook, Zynga.com, Google+, Tencent, Apple iOS and Google Android. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $10 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif.