|National Fuel Contacts|
Director, Investor Relations
Investor Relations Analyst
Hotline for Accounting & Auditing Matters
National Fuel’s history dates to the earliest days of the natural gas and oil industry in the United States and the Company has been responsible for many industry firsts. Today, the Company continues to be managed in the same innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, and takes pride in its 111 year tradition of delivering service and value.
Disclosures Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
National Fuel Gas Company is including the following cautionary statement in this corporate website to make applicable and take advantage of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for any forward-looking statements made by, or on behalf of, the Company.
Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements regarding future prospects, plans, objectives, goals, projections, estimates of oil and gas quantities, strategies, future events or performance and underlying assumptions, capital structure, anticipated capital expenditures, completion of construction projects, projections for pension and other post-retirement benefit obligations, impacts of the adoption of new accounting rules, and possible outcomes of litigation or regulatory proceedings, as well as statements that are identified by the use of the words "anticipates," "estimates," "expects," "forecasts," "intends," "plans," "predicts," "projects," "believes," "seeks," "will," "may" and similar expressions. All forward-looking statements, whether written or oral and whether made by or on behalf of the Company, are expressly qualified by these cautionary statements. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results or outcomes to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements.
The Company's expectations, beliefs and projections are expressed in good faith and are believed by the Company to have a reasonable basis, but there can be no assurance that management's expectations, beliefs or projections will result or be achieved or accomplished.
In addition to other factors and matters discussed elsewhere in this website, the following are important factors that, in the view of the Company, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements:
- Factors affecting the Company’s ability to successfully identify, drill for and produce economically viable natural gas and oil reserves, including among others geology, lease availability, title disputes, weather conditions, shortages, delays or unavailability of equipment and services required in drilling operations, insufficient gathering, processing and transportation capacity, the need to obtain governmental approvals and permits, and compliance with environmental laws and regulations;
- The cost and effects of legal and administrative claims against the Company or activist shareholder campaigns to effect changes at the Company;
- Changes in laws, regulations or judicial interpretations to which the Company is subject, including those involving derivatives, taxes, safety, employment, climate change, other environmental matters, real property, and exploration and production activities such as hydraulic fracturing;
- Governmental/regulatory actions, initiatives and proceedings, including those involving rate cases (which address, among other things, target rates of return, rate design and retained natural gas), environmental/safety requirements, affiliate relationships, industry structure, and franchise renewal;
- Changes in the price of natural gas or oil;
- Changes in price differentials between similar quantities of natural gas or oil sold at different geographic locations, and the effect of such changes on commodity production, revenues and demand for pipeline transportation capacity to or from such locations;
- Other changes in price differentials between similar quantities of natural gas or oil having different quality, heating value, hydrocarbon mix or delivery date;
- Impairments under the SEC’s full cost ceiling test for natural gas and oil reserves;
- Uncertainty of oil and gas reserve estimates;
- Significant differences between the Company’s projected and actual production levels for natural gas or oil;
- Delays or changes in costs or plans with respect to Company projects or related projects of other companies, including difficulties or delays in obtaining necessary governmental approvals, permits or orders or in obtaining the cooperation of interconnecting facility operators;
- Changes in demographic patterns and weather conditions;
- Changes in the availability, price or accounting treatment of derivative financial instruments;
- Financial and economic conditions, including the availability of credit, and occurrences affecting the Company’s ability to obtain financing on acceptable terms for working capital, capital expenditures and other investments, including any downgrades in the Company’s credit ratings and changes in interest rates and other capital market conditions;
- Changes in economic conditions, including global, national or regional recessions, and their effect on the demand for, and customers’ ability to pay for, the Company’s products and services;
- The creditworthiness or performance of the Company’s key suppliers, customers and counterparties;
- Economic disruptions or uninsured losses resulting from major accidents, fires, severe weather, natural disasters, terrorist activities, acts of war, cyber attacks or pest infestation;
- Significant differences between the Company’s projected and actual capital expenditures and operating expenses;
- Changes in laws, actuarial assumptions, the interest rate environment and the return on plan/trust assets related to the Company’s pension and other post-retirement benefits, which can affect future funding obligations and costs and plan liabilities;
- Increasing health care costs and the resulting effect on health insurance premiums and on the obligation to provide other post-retirement benefits; or
- Increasing costs of insurance, changes in coverage and the ability to obtain insurance.
The Company disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof.
|Data provided by Nasdaq. Minimum 15 minutes delayed.|