SUWANEE, Ga., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) today announced the industry's first whole home network and entertainment system: the ARRIS Media Gateway MG2402 based on the Reference Design Kit (RDK) from Comcast. Ideal for quad play services, the MG2402 will be demonstrated at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2013 in the Intel booth #7252 in Las Vegas, January 8-11, 2013. The gateway allows cable operators to offer their subscribers new features and services such as streaming of live linear television to IP connected devices, whole-home DVR, and a remote user interface on an RDK-compliant platform.
The ARRIS Media Gateway 2402
- uses Intel® PUMA-6™MG technology
- features a hybrid video architecture supporting QAM and IP delivered video
- is capable of bonding up to 24 DOCSIS® downstream channels and providing 8 QAM channels to support traditional MPEG/DVB video
- delivers nearly 1Gbps broadband service from the network and includes dual band concurrent Wi-Fi that provides consumers with superior in home coverage
- supports four concurrent transcodes and DVR capability
- ensures seamless delivery of broadcast and On Demand video to IP set-top clients through onboard MoCA® 2.0 support
- incorporates HD Voice with an integrated DECT base station, and
- includes Zigbee® support for home automation and security.
"The MG2402 delivers the vision of an open standards, fully converged home, in one simple, easy to manage device," said Derek Elder, ARRIS SVP & GM, Touchstone CPE. "This announcement represents the continuing evolution of our market-leading Media Gateway vision as we help define the future of the truly connected home."
"We congratulate ARRIS on the introduction of their new media gateway," said Steve Reynolds, Senior Vice President, Premises Technology for Comcast. "This device will work with the millions of IP-enabled consumer devices capable of displaying video and will help operators, consumer electronics companies and developers innovate at an even faster pace in today's rapidly-changing multiscreen TV environment."
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of communications and IP technologies that support broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver and monitor advanced video, data and voice subscriber services, including whole home video across multiple screens, ultra high-speed data, personalized advertising and carrier-grade telephony. Headquartered near Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Cork, Ireland; Kirkland, WA; Redwood City, CA; Shenzhen, China; State College, PA; Tel Aviv, Israel; Wallingford, CT and Westborough, MA, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.
SOURCE ARRIS Group, Inc.
Alex Swan, ARRIS Media Relations, +1-678-473-8327, email@example.com