|View printer-friendly version|
|Ten Gannett publishers awarded U.S. Community Publishing President's Rings|
MCLEAN, Va., Apr 29, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Bob Dickey, president of Gannett (NYSE: GCI) U.S. Community Publishing, today awarded 10 publishers with USCP President's Rings for outstanding performance during 2010. President's Rings are the division's top honor.
"The publishers honored with these President's Rings are outstanding leaders. They have found innovative and effective solutions that strengthened their local media organizations and enhanced the communities they serve," said Dickey. "Our three top honorees performed at the highest level in 2010 and deserve special recognition and thanks. Congratulations to all."
Top three winners:
- Publisher of the Year: John Zidich, president and publisher/West Group president, Phoenix, AZ (eight-time winner)
- First runner-up: Susie Ellwood, CEO, Detroit Media Partnership, Detroit, MI (nine-time winner)
- Second runner-up: Roy Heatherly, president and publisher, Jackson, MS (two-time winner)
- Mike Beck, general manager/executive editor, Wausau, WI (five-time winner)
- Sherm Bodner, president and publisher, Binghamton, NY (five-time winner)
- Margaret Buchanan, president and publisher/East Group vice president, Cincinnati, OH (twelve-time winner)
- Mei-Mei Chan, president and publisher, Fort Myers, FL (first-time winner)
- Rindraty Limtiaco, president and publisher, Hagatna, Guam (four-time winner)
- Genia Lovett, president and publisher/Midwest Group vice president, Appleton, WI (four-time winner)
- Brian Priester, president and publisher, Lansing, MI (eight-time winner)
Judges for the President's Ring competition were Gannett Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Craig Dubow; Gracia Martore, president and chief operating officer; Bob Dickey; and Roxanne Horning, senior vice president of Human Resources.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people - and the companies who want to reach them - with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
SOURCE: Gannett Co., Inc.
Gannett Co., Inc.