14. NOTICES. Any notice required or permitted to be given under
this Agreement shall be sufficient if in writing and sent by registered or
certified mail to his residence in the case of Advisor, or to its principal
office in the case of AmSurg and the date of mailing shall be deemed the date
which such notice has been provided.
15. ASSIGNMENT. The rights and obligations of the AmSurg under
this Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and shall be binding upon the
successors and assigns of the AmSurg. The Advisor acknowledges that the
services to be rendered by him are unique and personal, and Advisor may not
assign any of his rights or delegate any of his duties or obligations under
this Agreement without the written consent of the Board of Directors of AmSurg.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This instrument contains the entire
agreement of the parties and supersedes all other prior agreements, employment
contracts and understandings, both written and oral, express or implied with
respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and may not be changed orally
but only by an agreement in writing signed by the party against whom
enforcement of any waiver, change, modification, extension or discharge is
17. APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws
of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to the principles of conflicts
of law thereof.
18. HEADINGS. The sections, subjects and headings of this
Agreement are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect in any way the
meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
19. COUNTERPARTS. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts,
each of which shall be deemed an original.
20. EFFECTIVENESS. This Agreement will not be effective if the
Distribution does not occur.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement on the
day and year first written above.