|View printer-friendly version|
|TRAVELOCITY NAMES TOP 10 NEW YEAR’S EVE DESTINATIONS|
TRAVELOCITY NAMES TOP 10 NEW YEAR’S EVE DESTINATIONS
Top Vacation Spots to Ring in 2012
SOUTHLAKE, Texas – December 19, 2011 – With New Year’s Eve just a few weeks away, many people are still looking for the hot destinations to visit. Travelocity travel experts have compiled a list of the top 10 New Year’s Eve destinations in the country where travelers can celebrate the New Year, based on Travelocity bookings. From big cities to laid-back beaches and mountain hideaways, the list reveals the diverse locations where travelers plan to welcome 2012. Read more about each destination or book a trip from our top 10 New Year’s Eve destinations page.
Top 10 New Year’s Eve Destinations:
1. Orlando (average airfare $311.90; average daily rate $145.74). Party close to the theme parks with Universal CityWalk's Rock In the New Year. With performances from Smashmouth and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, plenty of nearby clubs, and all-you-can-eat dining, this party will start 2012 off with a bang!
2. New York City (average airfare $333.52; average daily rate $254.27). Times Square in New York City is the classic New Year's Eve destination. Hundreds of thousands of people gather in front of One Times Square and millions tune in on TV to watch the famous ball drop.
3. South Florida(average airfare $338.09; average daily rate $177.96). With parties hosted by celebrities like Rick Ross, over-the-top themes, and (sometimes) an open bar, the celebration lasts all night at Miami’s clubs. For an alternative to the club scene, head to the Bayfront Park Amphitheater to watch the orange drop and enjoy a fireworks celebration on the beach.
4. Las Vegas (average airfare $390.31; average daily rate $158.90). Las Vegas becomes a celebrity playground for New Year's Eve. With parties featuring celebrities like Fergie, Kim Kardashian, B.O.B., LMFAO, Stevie Wonder, and more, there are plenty of places to find a star-studded event to bring in 2012. Plus, at midnight, eight hotels will simultaneously start the new year with a breathtaking fireworks display.
5. Los Angeles (average airfare $350.59; average daily rate $111.92). For those who can't decide on just one place to celebrate the New Year in Los Angeles, club crawling is the perfect solution. Partiers will get into all the happening LA clubs where you can party like a rock star, an Egyptian royal, or even a Greek god.
6. Denver (average airfare $297.07; average daily rate $159.70). Trade the champagne for one of the many delicious micro-brews and watch the fireworks against a mountain backdrop in downtown Denver. The mile-high city comes alive with celebrations ranging from classy symphony performances to rock and roll shows.
7. Cancun (average airfare $547.32; average daily rate $303.81). It’s time to dust off those dancing shoes and get ready to party—downtown Cancun is a club-goers paradise on New Year's Eve. Travelers can expect thousands of partiers, booming music, and tons of fun.
8. San Francisco (average airfare $338.49; average daily rate $179.70). Start New Year's Eve revelry with the 26th annual Japanese Bell Ringing at the Asian Art Museum. This 16th century bell will be rung 108 times to cleanse the ills of the past year. Once cleansed of 2011, you'll be ready to start 2012 at one of the many themed parties throughout the city.
9. Phoenix (average airfare $336.40; average daily rate $102.90). When in Phoenix on December 31, celebrate the arrival of 2012 at the Fiesta Bowl Block Party, one of the top places to ring in the New Year. Join the partygoers for magic shows, fireworks, BMX stunt shows, and toast the New Year in one of four beer gardens.
10. Chicago (average airfare $252.82; average daily rate $127.21). With everything from laid-back soirees to all-night ragers, Chicago has plenty of options to welcome in 2012. Two of the more popular parties are The Playboy NYE Party at the Hilton and the Chicago NYE Ball, hosted by Lil Jon.
About Travelocity Global
Travelocity® is committed to being the traveler's champion – before, during and after the trip – and provides the most comprehensive and proactive guarantee in the industry (http://www.travelocity.com/guarantee). This customer-driven focus, backed by 24/7 live phone support, competitive prices and powerful shopping technology has made Travelocity one of the largest travel companies in the world. Travelocity also owns and operates: Travelocity Business® for corporate travel; igougo.com, a leading online travel community; lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel; and ZUJI, a leader in Asia-Pacific online travel. Travelocity is owned by Sabre Holdings Corporation, a world leader in travel marketing and distribution.