|Print Page | Email Page | RSS Feeds | Email Alerts | Financial Tear Sheet|
A Message from the Chairman, President and CEO:
Chairman President and Chief Executive Officer
Our vision is to be recognized as the finest railcar leasing company in the world by our customers, our shareholders, our employees and the communities where we operate. Consistent with that vision, we strive to attain the highest levels of safety, quality and environmentally responsible performance through the following actions:
- fostering a culture that makes safety a top priority, and using measurements to assess performance and drive improvement initiatives
- providing the training and equipment needed for our employees to avoid injury, damage to property or damage to surrounding communities
- providing robust hands-on training in the proper use and handling of railcars for customers, railroads and first responders
- performing required maintenance at designated intervals to ensure our railcars comply with federal regulations and our customers’ standards
- maintaining one of the largest railcar engineering teams in North America to ensure optimal fleet performance and
- actively participating in shaping the regulatory landscape.
From our Responsible Care® certification to our GATX TankTrainer™, we work tirelessly to make safety an essential part of our culture.
Our Commitment to Responsible Care®
GATX is proud to be certified as a partner in the Responsible Care® Partnership Program. As the first U.S. railcar leasing company to achieve certification as a Responsible Care Partner, we are dedicated to continually improving our operations through planning, goal setting and establishing dialogue with our stakeholders. Our participation in the Responsible Care® Partnership Program demonstrates our ongoing commitment to safety in the chemical industry and aligns us with our customers' Responsible Care initiatives.
Training for our Customers, Railroads and First Responders
GATX offers training on the proper use of our equipment and on regulations that impact our business. We hold training sessions at our headquarters and at locations across North America through the use of our TankTrainer™ mobile classroom. The TankTrainer mobile classroom is a 33,500-gallon tank car outfitted with a variety of fittings, coatings and configurations. Since 1993, the TankTrainer has provided a one-of-a-kind learning experience to thousands of employees, customers, rail and yard workers, first responders and others.