Q1 2015 Briggs & Stratton Corporation Earnings Conference Call (Live)
10/16/14 at 9:00 a.m. CT
Dial in Number is 866-804-3545
Replay Number is 888-266-2081
Access Number is 1623909
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of portable generators and pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden, turf care and other power equipment through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, SnapperPro®, Ferris®, Murray®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. These products are sold through consumer home centers, department stores, mass merchants, warehouse clubs and independent dealers.
Briggs & Stratton’s engines are used primarily by the lawn and garden equipment industry, which accounts for about 84 percent of the Engines segment fiscal 2013 engine sales. Major lawn and garden equipment applications include walk-behind lawn mowers, riding lawn mowers, garden tillers and snow throwers. The remaining 16 percent of engine sales are for use on products for industrial, construction, agricultural and other consumer applications, which include portable and standby generators, pumps and pressure washers. Many retailers specify Briggs & Stratton’s engines on the powered equipment they sell, and the Briggs & Stratton logo is often featured prominently on a product because of the appeal and reputation of the brand.
Approximately 30 percent of Briggs & Stratton’s Engines segment net sales are derived from sales in international markets, primarily to customers in Europe. Briggs & Stratton is a leading supplier of gasoline engines in countries where there is an established lawn and garden equipment market. Briggs & Stratton also exports engines to developing nations where its engines are used in agricultural, marine, construction and other applications.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation manufactures replacement engines and service parts and sells them to sales and service distributors. These distributors supply service parts and replacement engines directly to independently owned, authorized service dealers throughout the world. These distributors and service dealers implement Briggs & Stratton’s commitment to reliability and service.
Briggs & Stratton manufactures engines and parts at the following U.S. locations: Wauwatosa, Wis.; Murray, Ky.; Poplar Bluff, Mo.; Auburn, Ala.; and Statesboro, Ga. Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC manufacture finished goods in Munnsville, N.Y.; and McDonough, Ga.
An early and successful integrator of the Economic Value Added (EVA) discipline into its organization in 1989, the company has compiled an impressive record of producing economic profits. In 2005, Briggs & Stratton was named to Forbes magazine’s platinum list of “America’s Best Big Companies” for the third year in a row. In fiscal 2013, the company reported net income of $45 million, excluding restructuring charges, on sales of approximately $1.86 billion. For additional information, please visit www.basco.com and www.briggsandstratton.com.
BGG$17.27 - 0.75 (4.16%)
10/01/14 at 4:00 p.m. ET
|Quotes delayed at least 15 minutes. Market data provided by Interactive Data.|
Terms & Conditions. Powered and implemented by Interactive Data Managed Solutions.
MILWAUKEE, Sept. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) Briggs & Stratton Corporation (the "Company") today announ ...
September is National Preparedness Month, sponsored by FEMA MILWAUKEE, Sept. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly one in four U.S. adults had to endure a powe ...
MILWAUKEE, Aug. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE:BGG) announced today that it has acquired U.S. based Allmand Bros., Inc. f ...
Briggs & Stratton Corporation Reports Results For The Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2014; Dividend Increased 4%
MILWAUKEE, Aug. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) today announced financial results for its fourth fiscal quarter and ...