MAUMEE, Ohio, Jan. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) has a strong history of collaborating with OEMs to achieve powertrain excellence, and this year the company's technologies are included on seven of the 2015 Ward's 10 Best Engines.
A variety of Dana solutions were supplied to this year's Ward's 10 Best Engines, including Victor Reinz® cylinder head and secondary gaskets, which deliver improved reliability and durability while reducing oil consumption and bore distortion; and Dana's Long® brand of heat exchangers, which help to effectively manage heat to ensure optimum operating conditions and long-term durability.
With durable solutions uniquely designed to meet specific powertrain requirements, Dana technologies maintain optimum operating temperatures and reduce noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) to enable peak vehicle performance.
"The engine is the heart of the vehicle, and Dana is committed to consistently evaluating our powertrain products to ensure they meet the demands for today's high-performing vehicles," said Dwayne Matthews, president of the Dana Power Technologies Group. "Dana is proud to partner with the OEMs on this distinguished list and we look forward to continuing to develop innovative technologies that support them in their quest to enhance powertrain design and performance."
Dana technologies on the 2015 Ward's 10 Best Engines include:
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 6.2L OHV V-8 – Equipped with Long® engine oil coolers, as well as heat exchangers for the transmission and differential;
- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged OHV V-8 – Features Victor Reinz® cylinder head gaskets and Long® power steering oil cooler;
- Mini Cooper 1.5L Turbocharged DOHC – Equipped with Victor Reinz® cylinder head gaskets and Victor Reinz® thermal-acoustical protective shielding (TAPS);
- Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 3.0L Turbodiesel DOHC V-6 – Utilizes Victor Reinz® turbo gaskets.
- Subaru WRX 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC H-4 – Features Victor Reinz® cylinder head gaskets.
- Volkswagen Golf 1.8L Turbocharged DOHC – Utilizes Long® engine oil coolers.
- Volvo S60 2.0L Turbocharged DOHC – Includes Victor Reinz® TAPS.
In its 21st year, the Ward's 10 Best Engines competition continues to recognize the industry's latest powertrain technologies, based on efficiency; horsepower and torque; technology; and NVH performance. The awards were presented today at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
About Dana Holding Corporation
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities. Founded in 1904 and based in Maumee, Ohio, the company employs 23,000 people in 26 countries on six continents. Dana reported preliminary sales of $6.6 billion for 2014. Forbes magazine selected Dana as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in 2014. For more information, please visit dana.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dana-technologies-featured-on-seven-of-wards-10-best-engines-300020734.html
SOURCE Dana Holding Corporation
Jeff Cole, 419-887-3535, firstname.lastname@example.org