NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS
Becton, Dickinson and Company
1 Becton Drive
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey 07417-1880
December 13, 2018
The 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders of Becton, Dickinson and Company (“BD”) will be held as follows:
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
1:00 p.m. EST
Four Seasons Hotel New York
57 East 57th Street
New York, New York
To consider and act upon the following proposals:
1. The election as directors of the twelve nominees named in the attached proxy statement for a one-year term;
2. The ratification of the selection of the independent registered public accounting firm;
3. An advisory vote to approve named executive officer compensation;
4. An amendment to BD’s Restated Certificate of Incorporation; and
5. Such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment or postponement thereof.
Shares represented by properly executed proxies will be voted in accordance with the instructions specified therein. Shares represented by properly executed proxies that do not provide specific voting instructions will be voted in accordance with the recommendations of BD’s Board of Directors set forth in the accompanying proxy statement.
Important Notice Regarding the Availability of Proxy Materials for the 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held on January 22, 2019. BD’s proxy statement and 2018 Annual Report of Shareholders, which includes BD’s consolidated financial statements, are available at www.edocumentview.com/BDX.
The record date for determining shareholders entitled to notice of, and to vote at, the 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders (or any adjournments or postponements thereof) was the close of business on December 7, 2018.
By order of the Board of Directors,
Senior Vice President and Corporate Secretary
YOU CAN VOTE BY PROXY OR SUBMIT VOTING INSTRUCTIONS IN
ONE OF THREE WAYS:
1. VIA THE INTERNET:
Visit the website noted on your proxy/voting instruction card.
2. BY TELEPHONE:
Use the telephone number noted on your proxy/voting instruction card.
3. BY MAIL:
Promptly return your signed and dated proxy/voting instruction card in the envelope provided.