- What is TPG Specialty Lending, Inc.?
- TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. ("TPG Specialty Lending") is an externally managed, non-diversified closed-end investment company. Founded in 2010, we have elected to be regulated as a business development company, or BDC, under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and treated as a regulated investment company, or RIC, for U.S. federal income tax purposes. For more information, please visit our Company Profile page.
- What is TPG Specialty Lending's investment objective?
- Our investment objective is to generate current income and, to a lesser extent, capital appreciation primarily in U.S.-domiciled middle-market companies through direct originations of investments. These directly originated investments primarily include senior secured loans and, to a lesser extent, originations of mezzanine loans and investments in corporate bonds, equity securities, and structured products.
- Where is TPG Specialty Lending's common stock listed?
- Our common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TSLX. For more detailed stock information, please visit our Stock Information page.
- Can I purchase shares directly from TPG Specialty Lending?
- No. Investors may purchase TPG Specialty Lending's shares only through a broker.
- What is the CUSIP number for TPG Specialty Lending's common stock?
- The CUSIP number TPG Specialty Lending's common stock is 87265K102.
- What is the CUSIP number for TPG Specialty Lending's convertible senior notes?
- The CUSIP numbers for TPG Specialty Lending's convertible senior notes due 2019 is 87265KAA0 and convertible senior notes due 2022 is 87265KAC6.
- Who is the transfer agent, dividend paying agent and registrar for TPG Specialty Lending's common stock?
- Our transfer agent, dividend paying agent and registrar is State Street Bank and Trust Company.
- Where can I find information on TPG Specialty Lending's net asset value?
- The quarterly net asset value per share may be obtained in our public filings (i.e., Forms 10-Q and 10-K) with the Securities and Exchange Commission via its website www.sec.gov or by visiting our SEC Filings page.
- Am I a registered shareholder?
- You are a registered shareholder if you hold shares of TPG Specialty Lending common stock registered in your name and you either hold a certificate representing such shares or such shares are held in book-entry form with our transfer agent, State Street Corporation. If your shares are not registered in your name but instead are held in the name of your bank, broker or other intermediary, your securities are considered to be held in "street name".
- Does TPG Specialty Lending pay a dividend?
- Yes. TPG Specialty Lending intends to pay dividends or make distributions to shareholders of record on a quarterly basis. Please note that dividends may not continue at the current level, if at all. To view our historical dividends, please visit our Dividends page.
- Does TPG Specialty Lending have a Dividend Reinvestment Plan?
- Yes. We have adopted a dividend reinvestment plan ("DRIP"), pursuant to which we will reinvest in common stock all cash dividends declared by the Board on behalf of all registered shareholders who do not "opt out" of the DRIP, electing to receive their dividends in cash. The number of shares issued pursuant to the DRIP will be determined based on the market price of shares of our common stock, except in circumstances where the market price exceeds our most recently computed net asset value ("NAV") per share, in which case we will issue shares at the greater of (i) the most recently computed net asset value per share and (ii) 95% of the current market price per share or such lesser discount to the current market price per share that still exceeds the most recently computed NAV per share; any fractional shares will be paid in cash. Accordingly, participants in the DRIP may receive a greater number of shares of our common stock than the number of shares associated with the market price of our common stock. Shareholders who "opt out" of our DRIP may experience dilution in their ownership percentage of our common stock over time.
If you hold your shares through a bank, broker or other intermediary, please contact your bank, broker or other intermediary to inquire about dividend reinvestment options and for instructions on how to "opt out". The TPG Specialty Lending DRIP only applies to registered shareholders.
- Are dividends taxable to shareholders and, if so, at what rate?
- Dividends are generally taxable in the year in which they are declared by TPG Specialty Lending. Following the end of each year we provide our US-based investors a Form 1099-DIV, and in relation to our non-US investors a Form 1042-S, and a tax status letter to shareholders that describes the taxability of the dividends paid in the preceding year, including a breakdown between ordinary and capital gain dividends. DRIP participants are taxed as if they had received cash dividends. For information about taxes in respect of dividends received by you, you should consult your own tax advisor.
- Is TPG Specialty Lending's dividend a "qualified dividend"?
- No. TPG Specialty Lending's dividend is generally not a "qualified dividend' for tax purposes and therefore generally is not eligible for the lower qualified dividend tax rate. As a regulated investment company, TPG Specialty Lending generally does not pay income taxes on its earnings at the corporate level, but passes its income through to shareholders in the nature that it was earned. Therefore, a portion of our dividend is usually taxable to our shareholders at their ordinary income tax rates and a portion may qualify for the long-term capital gains tax rates. For information about taxes in respect of dividends received by you, you should consult your own tax advisor.
- Which stock analysts cover TPG Specialty Lending?
- Please visit our Analyst Coverage page to view a detailed list of the analysts who follow the company.
- Whom do I contact with questions concerning my account activity, replacing lost or stolen certificates, transferring securities, dividend payments, direct deposit information, or processing a change of address?
- Please contact your bank, broker or other intermediary.
- How can I request additional information from TPG Specialty Lending?
- You can request information via our Contact Us page, or by contacting Investor Relations by email at IRTSL@tpg.com.
- How can I receive email alerts from TPG Specialty Lending?
- Please visit our Email Alerts page to sign up for email alerts on our SEC filings, presentations, events, news, and end-of-day stock quotes.
Archived presentations on our website describing the financial performance of TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. are furnished for historical purposes only. The information provided in any such presentation is as of the date of that particular presentation. Our business, financial condition, results of operations and prospects may have changed since the date of any such presentation. The presentations archived on our website might include forward-looking statements and projections, and we ask that you refer to our most recent SEC filings for important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from these projections. To obtain copies of our latest SEC filings, please click here. TPG Specialty Lending, Inc. has no obligation to update the forward-looking statements contained herein.
I understand and accept the disclaimer and want to view the presentations
I do not accept the disclaimer