Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A., and Capital One Bank (USA), N.A., had $249.8 billion in deposits and $372.5 billion in total assets as of December 31, 2018. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients through a variety of channels. Capital One, N.A. has branches located primarily in New York, Louisiana, Texas, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey and the District of Columbia. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 100 index.
Our Company Touch Points
Meet our team leader.
We strive for excellence and believe in doing the right thing.
Get the latest financial information for investors.
By The Numbers
- Established: 1994
- Number of Associates: 48,8006
- Total Assets: $373.2 billion6
- Total Deposits: $255.1 billion6
- Total Revenues FY 2018: $28.1 billion1
- Fortune 500: 101
- Number of Volunteer Hours: More than 422,000 hours volunteered in 2018 1
- Number of customer accounts: More than 70 million
- 8th Largest U.S. Bank: By deposits2
- 3rd Largest Credit Card Issuer6
- 2nd Largest financial institution auto loan originator 3
- Largest U.S. Direct Bank 4
- 3rd Largest Issuer of Small Business credit cards in the U.S. 5
Capital One is headquartered in McLean, Virginia:
Capital One Financial Corp
1680 Capital One Drive
McLean, VA 22102-3491
Additional corporate offices are located in:
New York, New York
1 Figures as of 12/31/2018
2 Note: Excludes banks with high non-loan asset concentrations; Source: Regulatory filings, company reports as of Q3’17
3 Note: Financial institutions includes banks & specialty finance lenders; Source: AutoCount, originations, September—December 2018
4 Source: FDIC, regulatory filings, company reports as of June 2018
5 Source: The Nilson Report, Issue #1134, June 2018
6 Figures as of 3/31/2019