The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition offers a faster processor, 16 GB of storage, one year of Amazon Fire for Kids Unlimited, a kid-proof case, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee—still only £99.99
Amazon Fire for Kids Unlimited provides access to thousands of kid-friendly books, Audible audiobooks, educational apps, games, and videos—all hand-selected and age appropriate
Featuring easy-to-use parental controls that encourage learning before play, and give parents the ability to manage their child’s Fire for Kids settings like time limits and bedtime—either on their child’s device or remotely via Parent Dashboard
New kid-proof case with adjustable stand makes it even easier for kids to enjoy their favourite content; now available in blue, pink, and a new purple colour
LUXEMBOURG—May 16, 2019—Amazon today announced the next generation of its most affordable kids tablet: the all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition. Featuring a new kid-proof case with an adjustable stand for easy, hands-free viewing, the Fire 7 Kids Edition comes in blue and pink, as well as a new purple colour option, and is available for £99.99 starting today at: www.amazon.co.uk/fire7-kids-edition.
The Fire 7 Kids Edition is built from the ground-up for kids with three ideas in mind:
- Kids want a real tablet—Fire 7 Kids Edition offers a 7” IPS display, a faster processor, and 16 GB of storage with up to 512 GB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot. Fire tablets support up to two adult profiles (accessible with secured PIN access) and four child profiles that can be customised for each member of the family.
- Parents don’t want to worry about the content their kids are viewing—Fire 7 Kids Edition includes a year of Amazon Fire for Kids Unlimited, which offers thousands of premium books, Audible audiobooks, educational apps, games, and videos that have been curated for age-appropriateness. It also includes access to thousands of hand-selected websites and web videos and award-winning parental controls.
- Despite best intentions, kids break things—Fire 7 Kids Edition comes with a kid-proof case with adjustable stand, and a two-year worry-free guarantee—if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it.
“Fire Kids Edition tablets are the #1 best-selling kids’ tablets in the UK and today, the Fire 7 Kids Edition is getting even better with a faster processor and a new kid-proof bumper with a stand," said Eric Saarnio, Head of Amazon Devices EU. “Now, kids can easily watch their favourite videos, read a book, play an educational app, or listen to a kid-friendly Audible audiobook using the build-in stand. We think parents and kids are going to love it.”
Premium Kids Content
With Amazon Fire for Kids Unlimited, kids have access to premium, age-appropriate books, Audible audiobooks, educational apps, games, and videos, including new and popular titles, such as Disney Buddies: 123s, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Portal Power, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of the World, Solar System Explorer, Barbie™ Dreamtopia, Pinkfong Baby Shark, and The Reluctant Dragon, from brands like Disney, Pottermore, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, Mattel, Pinkfong and Audible. All of the content is kid-friendly and hand-selected by the Amazon Fire for Kids team with new titles added regularly.
Fire 7 Kids Edition comes with a year of Amazon Fire for Kids Unlimited. After the first year, customers can continue their subscription starting at £1.99 per month for Prime members and £3.99 per month for customers who are not yet Prime members.
Tools Parents Can Trust
Over 10 million kids (and their parents) globally have enjoyed our Amazon Fire for Kids service, which provides the perfect balance between giving kids the content they love, while providing parents peace of mind knowing that what their kids are viewing on their device is age-appropriate. Fire for Kids offers parental controls that encourage learning before play, and gives parents the ability to manage their child’s Fire for Kids settings, including:
- Age filters—parents can adjust settings to tailor the Fire for Kids experience for each child and ensure the content their kids are viewing is age-appropriate.
- Learn First—parents can set daily goals for educational content, and block access to entertainment content until after educational goals are met each day.
- Screen time by category—parents can restrict certain categories, such as apps and videos, while leaving unlimited time for reading.
- Total screen time—parents can choose a set amount of total screen time per day, after which Fire for Kids will shut down.
- Bedtime—parents can control when Fire for Kids shuts down for the day and turns back on the next morning.
- Weekday and weekend settings—parents can set time limits by weekdays and weekends.
- Add or remove content—parents can add titles from their own content library into Fire for Kids, or choose to remove unwanted Fire for Kids Unlimited content.
- Enable the web browser—parents can choose to enable or disable the kid-friendly web browser within Fire for Kids.
Additionally, parents can access Parent Dashboard (parents.amazon.co.uk) to view weekly activity reports of the digital content their kids are using in Fire for Kids and determine how to manage time limits and educational goals. Remote parental controls in Parent Dashboard make it easy for parents to pause their child’s devices for a set amount of time, as well as adjust their child’s Fire for Kids settings remotely via any web browser on a mobile device or computer. Parents can also access Discussion Cards in Parent Dashboard to view summaries and sample questions to help them initiate conversations with their kids about the content they’re viewing in Fire for Kids.
The all-new Fire 7 Kids Edition is available for pre-order today for £99.99 at www.amazon.co.uk/fire7-kids-edition and starts shipping 6 June. It is available in three fun colour options: blue, pink, and a new purple colour—and now with a fun, adjustable stand for hands-free viewing. Fire 7 Kids Edition will also be available in stores and online at Argos, Dixons, John Lewis & Partners, Tesco, very.co.uk and littlewoods.co.uk.
In addition to the Fire 7 Kids Edition, Amazon also introduced the all-new Fire 7, available for pre-order today starting at £49.99. More information can be found at www.amazon.co.uk/Fire7.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.