Amazon offers £5 off selected orders of £25 or more placed today
London, UK: March 19thth 2019 – A nationwide online survey of retail consumers has named Amazon the UK’s favourite retailer at the Retail Week Awards, where they have won the Consumer Choice award for the third year running.
To say thank you to our customers, Amazon is offering £5 off selected orders of £25 or more placed today. This can be redeemed by entering the promo code BIGTHANKS at checkout.
For 24 years, the Retail Week Awards have been highly regarded by the retail sector. The Consumer Choice award celebrates the UK´s favourite retailer, with the winner determined by retail consumers who have participated in an online survey about their favourite retailer.
“We strive to provide the best customer experience on the things we believe customers will always care about – low prices, vast selection, and fast delivery – and we work hard to provide all three, all the time,” said Doug Gurr, Country Manager, Amazon.co.uk. “We’re grateful for the support of our customers and I’m confident our investments in the UK will help us provide an even better shopping and entertainment experience in the years to come.”
“Many of the reasons that put Amazon on the top spot in 2019 were the same that have made it a customer go-to since its launch,” said Chris Brook-Carter, Managing Director, Retail Week. “Shoppers cited the online retailer’s breadth of products, price competitiveness and convenient delivery options as the reason it was their top pick. However, a recent addition that stood out for shoppers was the Prime membership scheme. It is an example of an innovation that has moved the goal posts of what a retailer should offer.”
Amazon continues to further improve the shopping experience for customers, offering over 250 million unique products available on Amazon.co.uk. Prime members receive unlimited Fast Delivery on millions of items across all categories and unlimited Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in selected areas. The ultra-fast delivery service Prime Now reaches over 30% of the UK population.
What’s new at Amazon
Over the past year, Amazon has released a series of new devices including the Fire HD 8 with the Show Mode Charging Dock and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet, the Fire TV Stick 4K, the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and new Echo and smart home devices including the all-new Echo Show.
Amazon Music has continued to reimagine music listening, with innovative voice updates to the service via its integration with Alexa and collaborations with artists to create exclusive Amazon Originals. Amazon launched a number of new must-see original and exclusive TV shows including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Season Two of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Season Three of The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime Video.
Furthermore, Amazon has recently launched its first ever collection of high quality colour cosmetics under its find. fashion brand, as well as its first own brands of furniture – Movian and Alkove - including stylish products for the living room, dining room, bedroom and beyond.
The £5 off £25 offer is available on products sold by Amazon including Prime Now. Terms and conditions apply.
For further information please contact: Amazon UK Press Office
Tel: 020 3942 1793
Notes to Editors
- See Retail Week announcement here
Terms & Conditions
£5 off £25
- Spend £25 or more in a single transaction (on a single item or on multiple items) dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU S.á r.l on www.amazon.co.uk (“Qualifying Items”) and £5 will be deducted from your total order value when you enter the promotional code BIGTHANKS at checkout (the “Offer”).
- This Offer is available between 00:01 (GMT) on 19 March, 2019 and 23:59 p.m. (GMT) on 19 March, 2019.
- Please ensure that you have £25 or more worth of Qualifying Items in your basket before attempting to use the promotional code. This Offer applies only to products dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU S.á r.l on amazon.co.uk, excluding orders dispatched through AmazonFresh, Prime Wardrobe, baby formula, digital products (Audible, Digital Documents, Digital Video Download, Digital Music Service, Digital EBook Purchase, Digital Software, Digital Video Games, Mobile Apps), Video Games that are not yet released, alcoholic drinks, gift cards (Gift Card, Gift Certificates, etc.) and delivery and handling charges. It cannot be redeemed on products sold by Amazon US or by third party sellers on the Amazon.co.uk Marketplace (including items Fulfilled by Amazon), at any of Amazon.co.uk’s Trusted Partner sites or at any other Amazon site, for example Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr or Amazon.it. Items which are sold and dispatched directly by sold by Amazon EU S.á r.l on amazon.co.uk can be identified by the message "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" on the product detail page.
- This Offer is also redeemable on Amazon Prime Now. Prime Now is only available to Prime customers across selected postcodes within London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Glasgow, Surrey, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Newcastle or Hertfordshire. The Offer cannot be redeemed on products sold by third party sellers through Prime Now, for example Morrisons at Amazon and John Bell & Croyden products.
- Each customer may claim a maximum of one Offer.
- This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or on any pre-existing orders.
- If you cancel your order for the Qualifying Items, the Offer will cease to apply. If you return a Qualifying Item so that the combined purchase value of the Qualifying Items you retain falls below the minimum purchase requirement of £25, Amazon reserves the right to charge you (using the payment method you used for the original order and without further notice) for the discount you received as part of the Offer.
- If you use our 1-Click ordering method, any promotional code will not apply to your order.
- Promotional codes have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- If you place an order using a promotional code and then return or cancel that order, the promotional code cannot be refunded or re-used.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalised recommendations, Prime, Fulfilment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/about and follow @AmazonNews.
Prime members across the UK now benefit from not just unlimited One-Day delivery on millions of products, but also access to great benefits including: thousands of popular movies and TV episodes through Prime Video; access to over one million songs to stream and download through Prime Music which also includes hundreds of Prime Playlists and Prime Stations; 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.co.uk; one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First and unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos.
Prime Student is Prime membership for students and costs just £3.99 per month to help them spread the cost over the year without losing out on any benefits of Prime such as; unlimited access to Prime Video, access to more than two million songs, unlimited one-day delivery on millions of eligible items and much more.
For more information, visit www.amazon.co.uk/prime. Details of other delivery options can be found at www.amazon.co.uk/delivery
Amazon fulfilment centre tours
See the magic that happens after you click ‘buy’ on Amazon.co.uk by touring one of our fulfilment centres and seeing first-hand how we deliver for our customers Amazon warehouse tours are available at 8 locations in England and Scotland.
Book a fulfilment centre tour here
You shop, Amazon donates with AmazonSmile
Millions of Amazon customers can now raise money for thousands of charities, small or large, local or national, by shopping at smile.amazon.co.uk. AmazonSmile makes giving even simpler – customers who shop with AmazonSmile can choose a charity to support before they start shopping and that charity will receive donations from Amazon at no additional cost to the customer or charity. Charities currently supported by AmazonSmile include British Red Cross, Cancer Research UK, Comic Relief, Magic Breakfast, The Royal British Legion, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Charity, RSPCA, Save the Children, Scottish Women’s Aid and WWF UK.
Customers who visit smile.amazon.co.uk enjoy the same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience – but with an added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price of eligible products (excluding VAT, shipping fees, and returns) to one of thousands of charities that customers can choose from. The more customers use smile.amazon.co.uk, the more charities will receive in donations from Amazon, all at no additional cost to the customer or charities.