Retailer Known for Hiring Outside the Auto Industry Accepting Applications
RICHMOND, Va. (March 11, 2013)—CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation's largest retailer of used cars, is currently hiring approximately 45 positions for the company’s new store in Columbus, Ga. The new 13,000-square-foot store is scheduled to open on April 20, 2013, at 6463 Veterans Parkway and is CarMax’s seventh store in Georgia. Applications are now being accepted for the new positions on the retailer’s website at www.carmax.com/columbus.
Who is CarMax Hiring?
- CarMax is seeking applicants for full and part-time positions.
- Available positions include sales, business office, and a variety of service operations positions that include inventory, service advisors, and technicians. Automotive experience is not necessary or required for most positions.
- Many CarMax associates have worked for other major retailers, such as Target, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Macy’s, The Gap and The Limited.
- Many CarMax associates have previous experience working in the restaurant industry, selling insurance or teaching school.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Job seekers should apply online at www.carmax.com/columbus.
- To see a video with first-hand accounts of CarMax sales consultants, visit the Careers page on carmax.com/careers.
- Technicians require previous automotive experience, however most positions do not.
- CarMax will contact applicants and set up interviews after an initial review of applications.
About CarMaxTwitter: @CarMax, Facebook: facebook.com/CarMax
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and one of the FORTUNE 2013 “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars. Headquartered in Richmond, Va., CarMax currently operates 118 used car superstores in 58 markets. The consumer offer features low, no haggle prices, a broad selection of CarMax Quality Certified used cars, and superior customer service. During the twelve months ended February 29, 2012, the company retailed 408,080 used cars and sold 316,649 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.
Michelle Ellwood, CarMax Public Relations, (804) 747-0422 ext. 4139
Britt Farrar, Public Relations Manager, (804) 747-0422 ext. 3473