Naples Store Celebrates with “Road Rally for Charity” Online Event
RICHMOND, Va. (September 4, 2012) - CarMax, Inc., (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, has officially opened its first auto superstore in Naples, Fla. The newest CarMax is located at 3405 Prospect Ave. The store is 13,965-square-feet, occupies more than five acres, employs more than 40 associates and stocks 250 to 350 used vehicles of nearly every make and model.
In celebration of the first CarMax to open in Naples, the company is hosting an online “Road Rally for Charity” contest, which launched today on the CarMax Facebook page, www.facebook.com/CarMax. CarMax is donating a total of $5,000 to three local nonprofits who are “competing” for votes. The organizations, selected for their commitment to youth leadership, education and wellness, are the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County, Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida and the American Heart Association, Southwest Florida Division.
“We’re proud to support these organizations as we open our first store in Naples, Fla.,” said Tom Folliard, president and CEO of CarMax. “Giving back to the communities where our associates live and work is an important part of who we are as a company.”
During the contest, supporters of the selected charities can go to the CarMax Facebook page to cast their vote for one of the charities. Each charity will receive a donation of $1,000 just for participating. The charity that receives the most votes will receive an additional $2,000 donation. Voting ends on September 18. The winning charity will be announced on the CarMax Facebook page.
CarMax opened its first store in Richmond, Va. nearly 19 years ago after the company
surveyed thousands of consumers to find out what they liked and disliked about car shopping. CarMax was designed according to the survey responses, giving consumers what they asked for:
- No hassles, no haggling on all four parts of the car purchase:
- The price of the vehicle, which is posted clearly on the car and on carmax.com
- Extended service plan, consumers can choose the plan that’s right for them
- Financing, with all options displayed on a computer for the consumer to review
- The “trade-in,” a written offer good for seven days whether or not the customer buys a car from CarMax
- Hundreds of vehicles on every lot (generally 250 to 450 per store)
- Nearly every make and model (both domestic and import used vehicles)
- Used vehicles that are generally one to six years old with less than 60,000 miles
- Nearly 30,000 vehicles online at carmax.com
- Transfer most used cars to the store nearest you
Commitment to Quality
- CarMax used cars are Quality Certified
- CarMax cars undergo an average of 12 hours of thorough inspection and renewal
- All used cars we retail are protected by a 30-Day Limited Warranty and no-hassle 5-Day Money Back Guarantee
- A kids play area
- CarMax will buy any car, whether or not the seller purchases a CarMax vehicle
Naples, Fla. residents can also preview CarMax vehicles by logging onto http://www.carmax.com/. The website features actual prices and photos of thousands of CarMax vehicles available nationwide. Prospective car buyers can have a vehicle transferred from any CarMax location to the Naples, Fla. store (transfer fees may apply). CarMax has another area store located at 3000 Colonial Blvd. in Fort Myers.
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and one of the FORTUNE2012 “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars. Headquartered in Richmond, Va., CarMax currently operates 113 used car superstores in 56 markets. The CarMax consumer offer is structured around four customer benefits: low, no-haggle prices; a broad selection; high quality vehicles; and customer-friendly service. During the twelve months ended February 29, 2012, the company retailed 408,080 used cars and sold 316,649 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at http://www.carmax.com/
CarMax Media ContactsTwitter: @CarMax, Facebook: facebook.com/CarMax
Elia Imler, (804) 747-0422 ext.4029
Michelle Ellwood, (804) 747-0422 ext.4139