| View printer-friendly version|
|Carmax Brings 50 New Jobs to Bakersfield|
Retailer Known for Hiring Outside the Auto Industry Accepting Applications
RICHMOND, Va. (February 8, 2012)—CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation's largest retailer of used cars, is currently hiring for approximately 50 positions for the company’s new store in Bakersfield. The new 41,800-square-foot store grand opens on April 19 at 6801 Colony Street and is CarMax’s first store in Bakersfield. Applications are now being accepted for the new positions on the retailer’s website at www.carmax.com/Bakersfield.
Who is CarMax Hiring?
- CarMax is seeking applicants for full and part-time positions.
- Available positions include sales, business office, inventory, service advisors and technicians and purchasing. Automotive experience is not necessary or required for most positions.
- Many CarMax associates have worked for other major retailers, such as Target, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Macy’s, The Gap and The Limited.
- Many CarMax associates have previous experience working in the restaurant industry, selling insurance or teaching school.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Job seekers should apply online at www.carmax.com/Bakersfield.
- To see a video with first-hand accounts of CarMax sales consultants, visit the Careers page on carmax.com.
- Technicians require previous automotive experience, however most positions do not.
- CarMax will contact applicants and set up interviews after an initial review of applications.
What is CarMax?
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500, and one of the FORTUNE2012 “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars. Headquartered in Richmond, Va., CarMax currently operates 107 used car superstores in 52 markets. The CarMax consumer offer is structured around four customer benefits: low, no-haggle prices; a broad selection; high quality vehicles; and customer-friendly service. During the twelve months ended February 28, 2011, the company retailed 396,181 used cars and sold 263,061 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.
Elia Imler, CarMax Public Relations, (804) 747-0422, ext. 4029
Britt Farrar, Manager, Public Relations, (804) 747-0422, ext. 3473