Nordstrom Scholarship Program
Nordstrom is committed to celebrating our communities, and we think helping you achieve your dreams of a higher education is a great way to start. The Nordstrom Scholarship is about enabling you to achieve your educational goals.
Since 1993, Nordstrom has awarded college scholarships to hard-working high school students from across the country. Annually, we award 40 scholarships of $10,000. These scholarships are paid out in equal installments of $2,500 over four years to the college of the student’s choice.
How to Qualify
To be considered for a scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior
- Have and maintain a cumulative unweighted GPA of at least 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) throughout your high school career
- Have participated in community/volunteer activities
- Be planning to apply for financial assistance to attend college
- Attend an accredited four-year college or university during all years for which the scholarship is awarded
- Maintain a cumulative unweighted GPA of at least 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) throughout your college career
- Be eligible to attend a four-year college or university in the United States
- Live and attend school in one of the participating geographic areas (below) designated by Nordstrom
- Not have a conviction for any crime
How the Scholarship Is Awarded
Regional selection committees, made up of local community leaders, interview our scholarship finalists in person. Once the recipients are selected, Nordstrom makes a surprise visit to the students' school where, with their friends and family watching, the students are informed that they have won a Nordstrom scholarship.
How to Apply
The application submission period for 2010 is now closed (as of May 15, 2010). All 2010 scholarship applicants will be notified by October 31, 2010. If you are interested in applying for a Nordstrom scholarship in 2011, please check back in February 2011 when our application period reopens. For more information, please contact Ellen Greene, Corporate Scholarship Coordinator, at 206.373.4550 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that students must live and attend school in one of the participating geographic areas designated by Nordstrom to be eligible. Currently the scholarship program is offered in the following locations:
· Northern California
· Los Angeles and Orange Counties
· San Diego and Imperial Counties
· New Jersey
· Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia
· Washington and Alaska
What Our Winners Say
"October 2, 2008, was like my birthday. It is a day I will not forget in my life. I am speechless about that day. I thank you so much. You have really helped me with my education. Thank you."
- Africa Fahra, Nicholas Senn High School, Chicagoland
"When I walked into my principal's office Monday morning and saw all those I loved there, I was moved beyond comprehension. I do not think I will ever forget my mother's smiling face and my father's tears as I embraced them both. Thank you so much for this incredible opportunity and know that the scholarship money will not be wasted. I hope to share with others the fortunes I have received in life. I cannot say this enough: thank you."
- Linda Chen, Mill Creek High School, Metropolitan Atlanta
"I cannot thank you enough for the Nordstrom Scholarship Program. By your generosity, you have eased the tremendous burden of having our family handle the expense of a college education. This incredible gift allows me to fulfill the chance of a lifetime, giving me the opportunity to improve myself and become an asset to my community, which I could not have realized without your kindness."
- Thomas Wilson, Pope John XXIII High School, New Jersey