|Sensata > About
> Press Room >
Company Fact Sheet|
Company Fact Sheet
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls. On average, Sensata manufactures over 47,000 different products and ships 1.1 billion units a year under the Sensata brand and more than 12 other familiar brand names.
Our devices are used in automotive, appliance,
aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle,
heating, air conditioning, data and
telecommunications, recreational vehicle and
marine applications and help satisfy the world’s
growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a
clean environment, improving safety, efficiency
and comfort for millions of people every day.
Our devices improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
|Two Major Business Segments|
Sensing Solutions: a major player in worldwide electrical and power protection industries.
Performance Sensing: a market leader in automotive, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and industrial markets.
|2017 REVENUES: $3.3 BILLION
Revenues by Region
Business centers and manufacturing sites in 12 countries, plus sales and marketing offices worldwide.
22,100 employees worldwide as of December 31, 2017
- 1916: We got our start when businessman Rathbun Willard founded the General Plate Company in Attleboro, MA to provide gold plate to the Rhode Island jewelry industry
- 1931: General Plate merged with Spencer Thermostat Company to create the Metals and Controls Corp
- 1959: We merged with Texas Instruments (TI) and became a new TI division
- 2006: We were reborn as a private company named Sensata Technologies; acquired First Technology
- 2007: Acquired Airpax Holdings and its four operating units
- 2010: Held our Initial Public Offering (IPO); began trading on NYSE under “ST”
- 2011: Bought Honeywell’s “Automotive on Board” Sensors business and Elex Group’s Sensor-NITE
- 2012: We acquired Wells-CTI test socket and thermal control product lines
- 2014: We acquired Wabash Technologies, DeltaTech Controls and Schrader International
- 2015: We acquired Custom Sensors & Technologies’ sensing portfolio.
- 2016: Celebrated Sensata’s Centennial. 100 years of improving safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people.
- 2017: Launched the Sensata Technologies Foundation.