PARK RIDGE, N.J., May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ) and its Hertz On Demand car sharing service announce today the launch of its new mobile website, mobile.hertzondemand.com (and, m.hertzondemand.com) that allows Hertz On Demand members to make, modify, and cancel reservations. The site, available to all members, allows any user to make and modify reservations in any Hertz On Demand city – New York, Boston, Washington, DC, Miami, San Antonio, London, Paris, Berlin and Madrid, as well as on the more than 60 college campuses where Hertz On Demand car sharing is available.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20111013/NY86012LOGO )
"Hertz On Demand members are very comfortable using mobile, internet-enabled technology," commented Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "With approximately 90% of mobile subscribers in the US and Western Europe having an internet-ready phone, the new mobile site is a critical element of Hertz On Demand's expansion efforts. We are committed to harnessing user-friendly technology to enhance member activities, and we will introduce additional mobile services that facilitate the fastest, simplest and easiest reservation and car sharing experiences in the business."
Hertz On Demand provides members a quick, easy and convenient option to rent a car spontaneously. Enhanced member benefits offered by the Hertz car sharing club, include:
- Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly and daily rates.
- Rental fleet options. These include the Mercedes C300, Cadillac CTS, Fiat 500, Mitsubishi Endeavor, Nissan Altima, Chevy Cruze, Chevy Malibu, Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and Jeep Patriot.
- 180 miles a day, gas and insurance included in rates.
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle.
- Daily rates on Hertz rental car for longer trips.
- Unparalleled member service. Including Hertz NeverLost GPS and 24/7, 365 days-a-year, live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts, both available free of charge.
Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. The pay-as-you-go service, provides members with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout their city. It has approximately 130,000 members, is available in five countries and on approximately 60 university campuses. Overall, Hertz On Demand offers its members products and services that are unmatched in the car sharing industry, including:
- The elimination of all membership and renewal fees in the U.S. and Europe
- Guaranteed vehicle availability Monday through Thursday in New York City
- One-way car sharing rentals between 85 locations in the Northeast U.S.
- An expansive car sharing fleet with new vehicles added to the service. The U.S. fleet includes luxury cars, including the Cadillac Escalade Hybrid, Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia; and cars suitable for moving, including the Ford Transit Connect and the Nissan Titan pick-up truck. Additionally, a variety of electric vehicles are available at select locations, including the Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF, and smart fortwo electric drive
- Simplified reservation process. HertzOnDemand.com has a simple reservation process, including one way map routing and reservations, enhanced search capabilities, and in-depth details about car makes and models
- Unparalleled Member Service. Hertz On Demand's industry leading in-car technology provides members with a superior rental experience. Members receive a smart chip enabled membership card for keyless entry to any reserved car. In car, a hands-free audio kit connects to the in-house Member Care Center should members have questions, need assistance or need to extend their reservation. Hertz On Demand "communicates" with its cars enabling representatives to unlock, engage and locate vehicles, and cars are equipped with Hertz NeverLost GPS, iPod and Bluetooth connectivity, for hands free driving, as well as EZ Pass transponders.
- Enrollment in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards. Hertz On Demand members are eligible to enroll in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™, Hertz's free rewards program that provides customers with a range of flexible rewards including Points that never expire, 'AnyDay' reward options with no blackouts, easy online redemption, international point accrual, and a wide variety of car rewards including cars from any of Hertz's Collections -- the Adrenaline, Green Traveler, and Prestige Collections. (Hertz On Demand members must be a member of Hertz Gold to earn Gold Plus Rewards Points).
About Hertz On Demand
Hertz On Demand, Hertz's global car sharing club, has more than 650 vehicles, 130,000 members and more than 500 locations worldwide, including corporate offices and universities. Hertz On Demand offers a variety of vehicles available at competitive rates. All cars are equipped with Eileo® technology, and benefits covered by the hourly rate include gas, insurance, GPS turn-by-turn navigation, 24/7 roadside assistance, 24-hour in-car Member Care Center communication, and 180 free miles per day.
Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand operating from approximately 8,500 locations in approximately 145 countries worldwide. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 94 major airports in Europe, operating both corporate and licensee locations in cities and airports in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The Company also operates the Advantage car rental brand. In addition, Hertz operates one of the world's largest equipment rental businesses, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, offering a diverse line of rental equipment, including tools and supplies, and new and used equipment for sale from approximately 320 branches in the United States, Canada, China, France, Italy, Spain and Saudi Arabia.
For more information, visit www.HertzOnDemand.com or www.hertz.com.
 Per 24 hour period
 Late returns will only be charged rates for the additional time used in 30 minute intervals (no punitive fees)
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation
Paula Rivera, +1-201-307-2824, email@example.com