“Pin” Disney Products on Facebook for a Chance to Win $10,000
PHOENIX – March 4, 2013 – PetSmart® (NASDAQ: PETM) today introduced new Disney pet apparel and toys. Characters such as Donald Duck, Tinker Bell, Kermit the Frog, Tigger and, of course, Mickey Mouse will add fun and magic to more than 30 new products available at all PetSmart stores in North America and at www.PetSmart.com.
“Disney characters have a special place in many pet parents’ hearts, and this new PetSmart collection allows them to share the magic of Disney with their pets in a fun and fashionable way,” said Laurie Taylor, PetSmart’s vice president of dog and cat hardgoods.
From bandanas and tees to ropes and squeaky toys, the new assortment of Disney products includes:
- Tinker Bell Flirt Dress: Hot pink trim, black lace and Tinker Bell provide a little fairy magic to a dog’s day.
- Tigger Plush Rope Stick: This durable rope toy will keep up with dogs that have Tigger’s boundless enthusiasm. The large plush head squeaks, and the tongue and ears are great for tugging play.
- Mickey Mouse Point Tee: The “I’m with Goofy” imprint helps dogs point out their goofy pet parents with the help of Mickey Mouse on this fun blue shirt.
- Minnie Mouse Bottle Cruncher: With lots of texture and fun crunching sounds that come from the plastic water bottle hidden inside, this pink and pretty toy will keep dogs busy and happy.
- Kermit the Frog Tee: Of course it’s green! With Kermit’s friendly face, it’s perfect for lounging around the house or for a walk in the park.
To celebrate the introduction of these products, pet parents can enter to win a grand prize of $10,000 in the PetSmart “Pin It to Win It” sweepstakes featuring the Disney products, March 4 through April 1 on PetSmart’s Facebook page. The Facebook photo gallery will showcase nine new Disney products each week and allows fans to pin their favorites directly to their Pinterest accounts. For every one product pinned per day, contestants have a chance to win one of 15 weekly prizes and are entered into the $10,000 grand prize drawing. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
To view the Disney collection at PetSmart, visit: http://www.petsmart.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=19565426
PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The company employs approximately 50,000 associates and operates more than 1,269 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, over 195 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information (http://www.petsmart.com). PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day CampSM day care services and pet adoption services. Since 1994, PetSmart Charities, Inc., an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit animal welfare organization and the largest funder of animal welfare efforts in North America, has provided more than $165 million in grants and programs benefiting animal welfare organizations. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities®, PetSmart has helped save the lives of more than 5 million pets.
Follow PetSmart on Twitter: @PetSmart
Find PetSmart on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PetSmart
See PetSmart on YouTube: www.YouTube.com/PetSmart
GolinHarris for PetSmart
PetSmart Media Line