Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports, SEC Filings, and more.
|Amazon.com's 12th Holiday Season is Best Ever|
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 26, 2006--Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:
AMZN) today announced that the 2006 holiday season finished as its
best ever, with its busiest day being December 11th. On this day
Amazon customer orders exceeded 4 million items. Additionally, the
company wrapped up its first ever Amazon Customers Vote promotion,
where 1,000 Xbox 360s were sold in 29 seconds, and 1,000 Axion
portable DVD players were sold in 34 seconds.
"We are truly grateful to our customers," said Jeff Bezos, founder
and CEO of Amazon.com. "Happy holidays and happy new year to all from
Amazon.com employees around the globe."
Amazon Worldwide 2006 Holiday Facts
(Includes www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de,
www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.ca)
Amazon.com 2006 Holiday Facts (www.amazon.com only)
- Amazon.com shipped more than 99 percent of orders in time to
meet holiday deadlines worldwide.
- On the peak day this season, Amazon's worldwide fulfillment
network shipped over 3.4 million units.
- Amazon.com shipped to over 200 countries.
- One of Amazon.com's most remote shipments was Mission
Impossible - The Complete First Season (1966) shipped to
- Amazon.com shipped over 100,000 shipments to APO/FPO
- Amazon's Free Super Saver Shipping was extended two extra days
through December 17th this holiday season.
- Amazon sold enough orange flavored Airborne health supplements
to supply every passenger on 192 Boeing 747s.
- Enough coffee pods were sold to make coffee for everyone in
- Amazon's Electronics store sold its most expensive MP3 player
to date in 2006, the $19,999 Trekstor i.Beat Organix Gold 1GB
- The last Prime order placed on December 22nd in time for
Christmas delivery contained a Bogen-Manfrotto Classic Tripod
(Silver) delivered to Norman, Oklahoma on December 23rd.
Amazon.com's hot holiday sellers (Nov. 16 through Dec. 19 based on
- In Toys, our top sellers included Radica 20 Questions, Laugh &
Learn Cuddly Learning Puppy and Princess Genevieve Doll -
Barbie In the 12 Dancing Princesses.
- Tops in video game hardware were the Nintendo DS Lite
available in white, pink and black as well as Play Station 2
and the Xbox 360.
- Video games were a customer favorite again this year with New
Super Mario Bros., Brain Age and Madden Football topping the
- In DVDs, top sellers included Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead
Man's Chest (Two-Disc Collectors Edition), Cars (Widescreen
Edition) and An Inconvenient Truth.
- In music, the top sellers included Awake by Josh Groban, Love
by the Beatles and Wintersong by Sarah McLachlan.
- The top selling books were You: On a Diet: The Owner's Manual
for Waist Management by Mehmet C. Oz and Michael F. Roizen,
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American
Dream by Barack Obama and Living Divine Relationships by Zhi
- Top sellers in Consumer Electronics include Apple iPods
(various), Canon Powershot Digital Elph Cameras and Garmin GPS
- Top Software titles include World of Warcraft Expansion:
Burning Crusade (not yet released), The Sims 2 Pet Expansion
Pack (Windows Me, 98, XP, 2000) and Adobe Photoshop Elements 5
- Top sellers in the Beauty store were Bare Escentuals Get
Started Kit, Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil and Philosophy Hope
in a Jar Daily Moisturizer.
- In PCs, the top sellers were the Apple MacBook 13.3" Notebook
PC in white and black and the Sony VAIO 15.4" Notebook PC.
- Headsets let the Wireless Accessories top sellers including
the Logitech Mobile Express Bluetooth Headset, Plantronics
Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset and the Motorola H700 Bluetooth
- In Apparel and Accessories, popular items included Columbia
Sportswear Men's 3 in 1 Kestrel Parka, Reggie Bush Black New
Orleans Saints Youth Replica Jersey and Kenneth Cole Reaction
Men's Hadley Poly Bonded Hipster Jacket.
- Top-selling shoes included the Nine West Women's Ealene Boot,
Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Team Circle Boot and BCBG Girls
Women's Kayo Mid Shaft Boot.
- The top-selling products in Amazon's Automotive Parts &
Accessories store include the Sylvania DOT-it Self-Adhesive
LED light, LifeHammer Original Emergency Hammer (Orange) and
Accutire Digital Key Chain Tire Gauge.
- The top-selling Sports & Outdoors items were the Razor A Kick
Scooter, Schwinn 418 Elliptical Trainer and the Bowflex Series
- In the Baby Store, the top-selling products were Cloud b
Twilight Turtle - Constellation Night Light, Healthy Care
Booster Seat and Mozart Magic Cube.
- Jewelry top sellers included 14k White Gold, Round, Diamond
Stud Earrings, Platinum, Round, Diamond 4-Prong Stud Earrings
and Sterling Silver Open Double Flower Pendant.
- Watches were also popular with the Bulova Women's Diamond
Bezel Chronograph Watch, Invicta Men's Automatic Pro Diver S2
Watch and Movado Women's Amarosa Watch topping the list.
- The top-selling Kitchen items included the Matfer Exopat
Nonstick Baking/Roasting Sheet, Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker and
Calphalon's Commercial Hard-Anodized 12-in Everyday Pan.
- Top selling items in Amazon's Grocery store were Senseo coffee
pods, Numi's Bouquet Bamboo Gift Set and Gevalia Signature
- In Health and Personal Care, Airborne Effervescent Dietary
Supplement as well as diapers from Pampers and Huggies were
Amazon.com, Inc., (Nasdaq:AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in
Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers
Earth's Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth's most
customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover
anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its
customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers
offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories
such as health and personal care, jewelry and watches, gourmet food,
sports and outdoors, apparel and accessories, books, music, DVDs,
electronics and office, toys and baby, and home and garden.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including
www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp,
www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, and www.joyo.com.
As used herein, "Amazon.com," "we," "our" and similar terms
include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context
Forward Looking Statements
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the
meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E
of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ
significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking
statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others,
risks related to competition, management of growth, potential
fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes
of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment center optimization,
seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic
transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, significant
amount of indebtedness, inventory, limited operating history,
government regulation and taxation, payments, fraud, consumer trends,
and new business areas. More information about factors that
potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in
Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission,
including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December
31, 2005, and all subsequent filings.
CONTACT: Amazon Media Hotline
|Sign up to receive e-mail alerts whenever Amazon.com posts new information in the Media Room. Just enter your e-mail address and click Submit.|
Subscribe to the PR RSS Feed.