|Amazon Announces Top-Selling Holiday Products|
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 25, 2005--Amazon (NASDQ:AMZN) today announced top-selling products since November 1 on the Amazon.com Web site. The following are three of the best-selling items by total unit sales between November 1 and November 22, 2005 (prices quoted here are as of November 23 and are subject to change).
Apparel & Accessories 1. Dockers Khaki Individual Fit Waistband, $24 2. Pashmina Shawl, $39
3. Columbia Sportswear Men's and Women's 3 in 1 Bugaboo Parka, $99.90-$148.95
Shoes 1. UGG(R) Classic Tall, $130-$140 2. Converse Men's Wade, $89.99 3. Penny Loves Kenny Women's High Noon Western Boot, $79.90 Jewelry
1. Freshwater Cultured Pearl 3.0-7.5mm Necklace, 18" (Amazon.com Collection), $35
2. Sterling Silver Inspirational Bracelet, 8" (Amazon.com Collection), $25
3. 14k Yellow Gold Round Hoop Earrings (Amazon.com Collection), $25
Watches 1. Timex Time Teacher T71891, $12 2. Casio Men's Waveceptor Titanium Atomic Solar Watch, $95 3. Citizen Men's Skyhawk Eco-Drive Watch, $243.99 Consumer Electronics
1. CyberHome CH-DVD 300S Progressive-Scan DVD Player (Silver), $39.99
2. Apple 2 GB iPod Nano Black, $194.99 3. Apple 512 MB iPod Shuffle M9724LL/A, $94.99 Beauty 1. philosophy candy cane shower gel and bubble bath, $18 2. DuWop Lip Venom, $15 3. Sephora Mixed Pinks -- Face & Body, $25 Kitchen 1. Santa Fe Quesadilla Maker, $18.88 2. George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill, $14.99 3. Riedel O Cabernet/Merlot Wine Tumblers, Set of 2, $18.95 Lawn & Garden
1. Oregon Scientific BAR608HGA Wireless Weather Station and Self-Setting Clock, $29.99
2. Weber Style 32908 Professional-Grade Barbecue Beeper Digital Thermometer, $27.95
3. Eastman Outdoors Model 38021 30 qt. Professional Grade Outdoor Cooking Set, $39.99
Gourmet Food 1. Deluxe Holiday Tower -- Harry and David, $49.95 2. Ghiradelli Chocolate Holiday Tower, $28 3. Our Famous Kona Coffee Holiday Sampler, $35.95 Sports & Outdoor 1. Schwinn 418 Elliptical, $799 2. Swiss Army Swiss Champ Pocket Knife, $37.99 3. LifeGear Inversion Table, $139.99 Music 1. Confessions on a Dance Floor, Madonna, $10.99
2. Born to Run: 30th Anniversary 3-disc Set, Bruce Springsteen, $25.98
3. The Essential Johnny Cash (Limited Edition), $16.99 Books 1. A Million Little Pieces, by James Frey, $10.46
2. The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century, by Thomas L. Friedman, $16
3. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln, by Doris Kearns Goodwin, $22.41
1. Star Wars, Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen Edition), $17.99
2. Batman Begins (Widescreen/Full Screen), $17.39 3. The Polar Express (Various Editions), $15.98-$19.98 Tools & Hardware 1. Racor PBH-1R ProStor Bicycle Hoist Monster, $14.94 2. Starrett 505A-12 ProSite Protractor, $34.94 3. Petzl E43P2 Tikka LED Headlamp, Black, $18.94 Video Games 1. Sid Meier's Civilization IV Special Edition, $44.99
2. Game Boy Advance SP: Spongebob Bundle with Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom and Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy, $109.95
3. PS2 Star Wars Battlefront II, $49.99 Software
1. QuickBooks Pro 2006 Financial Software for Small Business, $164.99
2. Norton AntiVirus 2006, $34.99
3. Microsoft Office Standard Student and Teacher Edition 2003, $119.99
Health & Personal Care
1. CW Step Pedometer (Pedometers for Walking Programs), $1.49
2. Braun 8595 Activator Self-Cleaning Shaving System with LCD Display, $149.88
3. Golden Alaska Deep Sea Fish Oil, Omega-3 1000mg 100 Capsules, $2.69
Amazon.com is the home of great shipping options. For convenient and effortless shopping customers can take advantage of a popular new program called Amazon Prime. For $79 a year, customers receive free two-day express shipping on qualifying items, and overnight delivery for only $3.99. Amazon Prime benefits can be extended to up to four family members living in the same household and there is no minimum purchase required and no need to consolidate orders.
Additionally, customers can save money and be assured that their packages will arrive on-time for the holidays by using Amazon.com's convenient Free Super Saver Shipping. For delivery by December 24, the following guidelines apply (for items with 24-hour availability):
Amazon.com, Inc., (NASDQ:AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Amazon.com seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as beauty, health and personal care, jewelry and watches, gourmet food, sports and outdoors, apparel and accessories, books, music, DVDs, electronics and office, toys and baby, and home and garden.
Amazon.com and its affiliates operate seven retail Web sites: www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.ca, and www.joyo.com.
As used herein, "Amazon.com," "we," "our" and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
Forward Looking Statement
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to potential future losses, significant amount of indebtedness, competition, management of growth, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions, and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, consumer trends, inventory, limited operating history, government regulation and taxation, fraud, and new business areas. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004, and all subsequent filings.