Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports, SEC Filings, and more.
|1 Million Pixels for a Breakthrough Price—The New Kindle Fire HD Now Available in Australia At the Suggested Retail Price of AU$189|
New slimmer and lighter design, HD display, high-performance processor, dual speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio and Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”
Kindle Fire HD comes with access to the exclusive benefits of the Amazon ecosystem and a vast selection of millions of apps, games and books
SEATTLE—November 12, 2013—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Today, Amazon introduced the new AU$189 Kindle Fire HD. Kindle Fire HD is available today at Big W and Dick Smith stores across Australia.
“AU$189 now gets you a 1280x800 216 ppi HD display, a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, Fire OS 3.0, dual speakers with Dolby audio, vast selection and Amazon-exclusive features,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “We’re excited to offer customers this great hardware at a breakthrough price.”
Here’s what you get for the suggested retail price of AU$189:
- High-definition display with 1280x800 resolution and 216 pixels per inch, making videos, games and books vivid and detailed. 66%more pixels than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
- Powerful, dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, 60%faster than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio.
- All-new slim design that matches the look and feel of the new Kindle Fire HDX.
- Fast downloads and web browsing with built-in dual-band Wi-Fi.
- Powered by the latest version of Fire OS—Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”—with hundreds of new and upgraded features, platform updates and Amazon-exclusive services.
- Stay connected and productive with all-new email, calendar and Silk web browser.
- Goodreads integration— Join over 20 million other readers and see what your friends are reading, share highlights and rate the books you read with Goodreads on Kindle (Goodreads on Kindle Fire will be available as part of the Fire OS 3.1 update).
- The most popular apps, games and books including:
- Games: A variety of customers’ favourite games including Asphalt 8, Angry Birds Star Wars II, FIFA 14, Plants vs. Zombies, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Temple Run 2.
- Entertainment and Social Apps: Get the must-have apps including Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest, as well as enjoy music, movies and more with TuneIn Radio, Spotify and Quickflix.
- Personal Organization Apps: Stay organized with popular apps such as Evernote and Jamie’s 20 Minute Meals.
- Millions of books, including 400,000 titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store; the latest best sellers such as At the Close of Play by Ricky Ponting, Eyrie by Tim Winton, Bittersweet by Colleen McCullough and Doctor Sleep by Stephen King; best-selling illustrated children’s books including the Mr Men series and Hard Luck: Diary of a Wimpy Kid; cookbooks including Asian after Work by Adam Liaw and Hungry Campers Cookbook by Katy Holder; comics and graphic novels like Batman: Earth One and The Walking Dead and exclusives from authors such as Germaine Greer, Karly Lane and James Duigan. In addition, Australian customers will find a broad selection of content from local authors including Rachael Johns, Sally Morgan and Kim Scott; Australian classics from Text Publishing; and titles from Indigenous publishing house Magabala books.
- Over 700,000 titles are AU$3.99 or less, over 1.4 million are AU$9.99 or less.
The new Origami covers feature an innovative design that allows you to stand Fire HD in both portrait and landscape.
In addition to the new Kindle Fire HD, Amazon also today announced that the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets will be available in Australia at Big W and Dick Smith.
The new Kindle Fire HD is available starting today at Big W and Dick Smith. Visit www.amazon.com.au/kindlefire-hd to learn more.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. Kindle Paperwhite is the world’s best-selling and most advanced e-reader. It features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 7” or 8.9” HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0 including X-Ray for Music, Second Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday button. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price. Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.in, www.amazon.com.mx and www.amazon.com.au. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.
|Sign up to receive e-mail alerts whenever Amazon.com posts new information in the Media Room. Just enter your e-mail address and click Submit.|
Subscribe to the PR RSS Feed.