Customers can now shop for more than 15,000 dry grocery products from top brands such as
Campbell’s Soup, Nestle, Pepsi, Kellogg, Green Mountain, and more – from the comforts of home
The Auto store features one of Canada’s largest selections – more than 200,000 products – including auto and truck accessories; power sports, marine and RV products; tire and wheel accessories; and winter car care items
Amazon.ca has more than doubled the product categories available to customers in Canada in 2013 – most recently adding the Office, Toys, Grocery and Auto stores
SEATTLE – October 31, 2013 – Today, Amazon.ca launched two new stores – the Grocery and Auto stores. With the addition of these new stores, Amazon.ca has launched 14 new categories in 2013.
“Amazon.ca dramatically increased our selection this year, and we are pleased to now bring the Auto and Grocery stores to our customers,” said Alexandre Gagnon, country manager for Amazon.ca. “We’re working to deliver an unmatched selection of everyday essentials and must-have products. With just a few clicks, customers can discover millions of items, take advantage of free shipping or Free Two Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and have items delivered to their doorstep.”
Stock Your Pantry from Home via the Amazon.ca Grocery Store
The Amazon.ca Grocery store (www.amazon.ca/grocery) features a wide variety of top brands where customers can discover specialty food items that may not be available at every grocery store.
With more than 15,000 dry food products available, Amazon.ca customers will find:
- Key Ingredients for Holiday Baking: With the busy holiday season upon us, customers can find ingredients they need for holiday recipes, including Unico cooking oils; spices and seasonings from brands like Kurundu, McCormick and GD Organic; baking mixes from Namaste Foods, Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines; and baking chocolate from Ghiradelli.
- Coffee and Tea to Keep You Warm and Toasty this Winter: Customers will now find coffee and coffee pods from top brands including Keurig, Tassimo, Van Houtte, Lavazza, Ethical Bean and Folgers, as well as a wide selection of teas from Uncle Lee, Twinings, Unilever, Traditional Medicinals and Tazo.
- Drinks to Quench Your Thirst: For customers who like variety, Amazon.ca offers plenty of beverage options – from soft drinks, soy milk, juices, energy drinks and more – including Mio and Crystal Light drink mixes, Ocean Spray juices, C2o Coconut Water, Red Bull energy drinks, Soyganic and Vitasoy soy drinks, Fiji water, and Pepsi products.
- Local Favourites: Amazon.ca features a number of popular food brands such as Dare cookies, crackers and fruit snacks; Oasis juices; Sun-Rype fruit bars; Old Dutch Foods; Ocean’s canned seafood and a variety of Canadian maple products.
- Pantry Necessities: Why bother visiting a grocery store when Amazon.ca has many items customers need to stock their pantries, like Skippy peanut butter, Campbell’s Soup, Catelli pastas, Kellogg cereals, Hidden Valley salad dressings, and Uncle Ben’s rice.
- Healthy Options for Snackers: The new store has plenty of healthy snack choices, including Pop Chips, Clif and Kind bars, Pistachio nuts, Kashi Chewy Granola Bars and popcorn from a variety of brands.
- Baby’s Favourite Foods: Now parents can find a variety of baby foods and have them delivered to their doorstep -- from Baby Gourmet and Love Child Organics food pouches, Danone cereal, Earth’s Best baby food, Enfamil and Similac formula and Gerber baby snacks.
- Flowers for Someone Special: With the click of a button, customers can shop for fresh flower baskets and bouquets and have flowers delivered to their sweetheart, friend, co-worker or family member.
A majority of items available in the Grocery store are eligible for free shipping or Free Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, so customers can stock their pantry or order a special ingredient for an elaborate dinner party recipe and have food items sent straight to their home.
Amazon.ca Customers Will Find Over 200,000 Automotive Items for Cars, Trucks, RVs, Motorcycles and Power Sport Vehicles
The Amazon.ca Auto store (www.amazon.ca/auto) features one of Canada’s largest selections of automotive items from key brands such as Camco, Curt, OTC, Schumacher, Battery Tender, and more. Auto enthusiasts and everyday motorists will find a vast selection of automotive products for any type of vehicle.
The new store offers everything from car care products, jump starters, seat covers, windshield wiper blades and a wide variety of automotive tools and equipment. As the winter months approach, customers will also find an extensive selection of winter automotive maintenance products to help ensure vehicles stay running through even the coldest of winters.
By taking advantage of free shipping on eligible orders or Free Two-Day Shipping via Amazon Prime, customers also don’t have to worry about braving icy roads this winter or getting heavy, bulky automotive accessories and tools home.
In addition to finding a broad selection of items on Amazon.ca, customers can also find helpful information and shopping tools to help make better purchasing decisions, including editorial reviews, personalized product recommendations, customer reviews and best sellers. Shoppers can also narrow or expand search results and filter by category, average customer review, price range and brand.
Amazon.ca (www.amazon.ca) is part of the global family of Amazon Web sites that have become known for great prices, selection, and convenience. Amazon.ca customers can find and discover millions of English and French books, Kindle books, CDs, videos, sports and outdoors products, DVDs, electronics, watches, tools, baby, beauty, health and personal care items, home and garden, toys, grocery products, auto items, and pet products, as well as a vast array of software, video games, and consoles--all at everyday low prices. Amazon.ca offers FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and FREE Super Saver Shipping on qualified orders of $25 CAD or more delivered to a single Canadian address. Amazon.ca sources products directly from Canadian publishers and distributors, ensuring a rich offering of Canadian titles and content. Features such as original editorial reviews in English and French and product recommendations help Amazon.ca customers find the right products for them among the site's broad selection. Kindle Paperwhite features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 7” or 8.9” HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.in, and www.amazon.com.mx. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.