New slimmer and lighter design, HD display, high-performance processor, dual speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio and Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”
Kindle Fire HD comes with access to the exclusive benefits of the Amazon ecosystem and a vast selection of millions of apps, games and books
SEATTLE—Oct. 16, 2013—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Today, Amazon.ca introduced the new CDN$149 Kindle Fire HD. Kindle Fire HD is available for pre-order starting today at www.amazon.ca/fire-hd.
“CDN$149 now gets you a 1280x800 216 ppi HD display, a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, Fire OS 3.0, dual speakers with Dolby audio, vast selection and Amazon-exclusive features ,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “We’re excited to offer customers this great hardware at a breakthrough price.”
Here’s what you get for CDN$149:
- High-definition display with 1280x800 resolution and 216 pixels per inch, making videos, games, and books vivid and detailed. 66 per cent more pixels than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
- Powerful, dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, 60 per cent faster than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio.
- All-new slim design that matches the look and feel of the new Kindle Fire HDX.
- Fast downloads and web browsing with built-in dual-band Wi-Fi.
- Powered by the latest version of Fire OS—Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”—with hundreds of new and upgraded features, platform updates and Amazon-exclusive services.
- Stay connected and productive with all-new email, calendar and Silk web browser.
- Millions of apps, games and books, including Angry Birds Star Wars II, FIFA 14, Plants vs. Zombies, Songza, and Netflix.
- Goodreads integration— Join over 20 million other readers and see what your friends are reading, share highlights and rate the books you read with Goodreads on Kindle, available exclusively from Amazon. Available starting later this year.
The new Origami covers feature an innovative design that allows you to stand Fire HD in both portrait and landscape.
In addition to the new Kindle Fire HD, Amazon also today announced that the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets are coming to Canada.
The new Kindle Fire HD is available for pre-order starting today and will begin shipping October 24. Visit www.amazon.ca/fire-hd to learn more.
Amazon.ca (www.amazon.ca) is part of the global family of Amazon Web sites that have become known for great prices, selection, and convenience. Amazon.ca customers can find and discover millions of English and French books, Kindle books, CDs, videos, sports and outdoors products, DVDs, electronics, watches, tools, baby, beauty, health and personal care items, home and garden, and pet products, as well as a vast array of software, video games, and consoles--all at everyday low prices. Amazon.ca offers FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, and FREE Super Saver Shipping on qualified orders of $25 CAD or more delivered to a single Canadian address. Amazon.ca sources products directly from Canadian publishers and distributors, ensuring a rich offering of Canadian titles and content. Features such as original editorial reviews in English and French and product recommendations help Amazon.ca customers find the right products for them among the site's broad selection. Kindle Paperwhite features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle, features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX features a stunning exclusive 7” or 8.9” HDX display, a quad-core 2.2 GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display, high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.in, and www.amazon.com.mx. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.