SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 25, 2013--
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN):
1) High performance—3x faster processor, 4x faster GPU, 2x the memory.
2) 8.9” HDX display: 339 ppi, 4 million pixels, 100% sRGB color
accuracy, dynamic image contrast. #firehdx
3) 8.9” Kindle Fire HDX weighs in at 13.2 ounces—34% lighter than last
4) All-day battery life—up to 11 hours of mixed use and 17 hours of
reading time. #firehdx
5) The Mayday button revolutionizes tech support. Free and 24x7x365.
Preview the TV spots: www.amazon.com/maydaytv.
6) Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”—hundreds of platform updates and exclusive new
features. Read more: www.amazon.com/fireos.
7) X-Ray for Music—synchronized lyrics—follow along line-by-line.
8) X-Ray for Movies and TV—now see song titles as they play in-scene,
plus trivia, goofs, and character backstories. Powered by IMDb. #firehdx
9) Origami covers in seven colors fold for both landscape and portrait
viewing. Watch a video: www.amazon.com/origami.
10) From sleep to pic in one motion with new custom slide feature on
Origami cover for HDX 8.9”: www.amazon.com/quickpic.
11) Prime Instant Videos—you can still stream them—but now you can also
download for offline viewing. #firehdx
12) Second Screen—fling movies and TV to your big screen at home and
follow along with scene-by-scene X-Ray on your Fire. #firehdx
13) Cloud Collections—sync your app, book, newspaper and magazine
collections across all of your devices. #firehdx
14) 1 million pixels for a breakthrough price—the new $139 Kindle Fire
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle,
opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s
Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most
customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything
they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the
lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of
unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books;
Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home
& Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health &
Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web
Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to
in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end
technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any
type of business. Kindle Paperwhite is the world’s best-selling and most
advanced e-reader. It features new display technology with higher
contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the
latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the
ground up for readers. Kindle, the lightest and smallest Kindle,
features improved fonts and faster page turns. The new Kindle Fire HDX
features a stunning exclusive 7” or 8.9” HDX display, a quad-core 2.2
GHz processor, 2x more memory, and 11 hours of battery life, as well as
exclusive new features of Fire OS 3.0 including X-Ray for Music, Second
Screen, Prime Instant Video downloads, and the revolutionary new Mayday
button. The all-new Kindle Fire HD includes an HD display,
high-performance processor and dual speakers at a breakthrough price.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com,
As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include
Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning
of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the
Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly
from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve
risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to
competition, management of growth, new products, services and
technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international
expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and
data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements,
acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system
interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments
and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect
Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with
the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual
Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.
Media Hotline, 206-266-7180