The #1 Most Gifted Item in Amazon.com History Is the Perfect Valentine's Day Gift
SEATTLE, Feb 03, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) today announced a FREE Two-Day Shipping offer for Kindle, the most wished for, most gifted, and #1 bestselling item across all of Amazon. As Valentine's Day approaches, Kindle lovers wanting to share their love of reading can order Kindle or Kindle DX for shipment in the continental United States between Feb. 3 and Feb. 11 and receive FREE Two-Day Shipping for delivery on or before Feb. 13, compliments of Amazon. Kindle is available today for $259 with this free expedited shipping offer at www.amazon.com/kindle.
"Now it's even easier for customers to share their love of reading with a new flame or a longtime love," said Ian Freed, vice president of Amazon Kindle. "Customers don't need to guess which romance novel or political page-turner to give the person they love - with Kindle and Kindle DX, they can give the gift of access to over 400,000 books across all genres in less than 60 seconds."
Thousands of Kindle customers have sent feedback emails about Kindle, and a remarkable portion mention the word "love." Here's a sampling:
- "The Kindle's up there with Haagen-Dazs and sex.It's brilliant.And just feels like the future...Beyond that, however, I marvel at its design, interface and delivery system." -Gregory
- "I LOVE the Kindle!For years, I dreamed about a device like this, where all my favorite books and newspapers and magazines could be portable and available." -Rose
- "I love it! No more stacks of books in my house. However, it is terrible for reading addicts. I can get new books day or night. It's like putting a chocolate lover in a candy shop." -Sandra
- "I received my Kindle for Christmas after dropping SERIOUS hints for several months.I am not a techie kind of person.I use my cell phones until they break, or someone in my family forces me to replace it.However, I am having so much fun with my Kindle." -Karen
- "I want to let you know that I absolutely love my Kindle. It is one of the better investments I have recently made. I find myself reading much more than before; in the afternoon, at night, in bed. I don't know who is more jealous, my wife or my TV as neither gets the attention they once had." -Alan
- "I LOVE it. My husband gave me a Kindle as an early Christmas present. I've read 6 books since I got it...With the Kindle, if I get bored with one book, I can move on to another with little effort. The buying process is simply magic!" -Sharon
Kindle and Kindle DX are available for immediate FREE Two-Day Shipping today for $259 and $489 respectively at http://www.amazon.com/kindle. To take advantage of this offer, customers simply add Kindle or Kindle DX to their Shopping Cart and select Two-Day Shipping.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon's developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. Kindle and Kindle DX are the revolutionary portable readers that wirelessly download books, magazines, newspapers, blogs and personal documents to a crisp, high-resolution electronic ink display that looks and reads like real paper. Kindle and Kindle DX utilize the same 3G wireless technology as advanced cell phones, so users never need to hunt for a Wi-Fi hotspot. Kindle is the #1 bestselling product across the millions of items sold on Amazon.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including http://www.amazon.com, http://www.amazon.co.uk, http://www.amazon.de, http://www.amazon.co.jp, http://www.amazon.fr, http://www.amazon.ca, and http://www.amazon.cn. As used herein, "Amazon.com," "we," "our" and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.
Kindle devices are sold through Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
SOURCE: Amazon.com, Inc.
Media Hotline, 206-266-7180