|Love and Pride, World's First Designer Jewelry Collection Supporting the Lesbian and Gay Community, Launches in the Amazon.com Jewelry Store|
Award-Winning Jewelry Collection Designed to Make a Fashion--and Social--Statement for Equality, Diversity and Tolerance
SEATTLE & PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 14, 2007--Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) and Love and Pride LLC, today announced the launch of Love and Pride, the first high-end designer jewelry collection for people who believe in equality, diversity and tolerance, in Amazon.com's Jewelry Store. With a growing and loyal customer base already established in over 200 countries among lesbian, gay and straight customers, Love and Pride now expands its reach even further with a new boutique store on Amazon.com at www.amazon.com/loveandpride.
Love and Pride's jewelry and fashion accessories combine beautiful and innovative designs with powerful messages of equality, diversity and tolerance. The collection is the brainchild of Udi Behr, a former Israeli paratrooper turned award-winning jewelry designer, whose work has garnered attention worldwide, including Newsweek and People to The New York Times and whose jewelry has adorned such stars as Sharon Stone, Gwen Stefani and Angela Bassett. The company partners with many non-profit organizations that support lesbian and gay civil rights, including marriage equality.
"The Love and Pride collection is a beautiful addition to the Amazon.com Jewelry store," said Peter Lai, director of Amazon.com Jewelry & Watches. "We know all of our customers will be delighted and inspired by this innovative mix of classic and unique styles."
The Love and Pride Boutique at Amazon.com/loveandpride features nearly 150 pieces ranging in price from $30 to $5,000 and includes everything from rings and watches to necklaces, bracelets and earrings for women and men. Exclusive Love and Pride collections include "The L Word(R)" collection, where fans of "The L Word" can look forward to purchasing jewelry worn by their favorite characters in the upcoming new season and the "Queer as Folk(R)" Collection, inspired by the groundbreaking Showtime(R) original series. In addition, customers will be able to purchase the popular Fly Naked with Reichen Collection, featuring aviation-inspired titanium jewelry for men and exclusive items from the 1138 Collection, fashion and fine jewelry supporting marriage equality for all loving couples.
"Love and Pride and Amazon.com share a passionate commitment to our customers," said Udi Behr, chief designer and creative director of Love and Pride. "When I design for the Love and Pride Collection, I design jewelry for people with a point of view--and a passion for equality, diversity and tolerance. When you wear Love and Pride, you not only look great, you make a statement about who you are and what you stand for."
This selection of 14 bestsellers offers a perfect introduction to the best of Love and Pride on Amazon.com:
1. 18k Yellow Gold String Ring ($745) features a remarkable string-like design in a sandblast finish.
2. 18k Rose and White Gold Female Combination Ring ($1,485). A dazzling combination ring crafted in 18k white and pink gold with a satin finish, featuring a female insignia covered in diamonds.
3. 18k Yellow and White Gold Ring ($4,995). Breathtaking 18k two-tone band with 12 inset trillion diamonds framed by 90 channel-set diamonds.
4. 18k White Gold Trillion Combination Ring ($3,500). A unique white-gold combination ring with two trillion (triangle-shaped) diamonds.
5. 18k Gold and Silver Lariat Handcuff Necklace ($685). This flirty gold and silver box chain is adorned with 18k yellow gold handcuffs as clasps.
6. Snake Wood and Stainless Steel Cross ($75). A beautiful cross with a perfectly placed diamond for a touch of sparkle.
7. 1138 ID Bracelet ($59). A fashion - and social statement to support the right of every loving couple to marry.
8. Stainless Steel and Rhodium Cuff ($95). The perfect accessory: A stainless steel bracelet with classic black rhodium and our Love and Peace logo.
9. Time for Peace Watch - Baby Blue & Camouflage ($350). Swiss movement with stainless steel case, luminous hands, light blue face and canvas camouflage strap.
10. Time for Peace Watch - Black with Crystals ($129). A sleek Swiss-action, mineral crystal watch with peace sign face overflows with dazzling crystals.
11. Fly Naked with Reichen Black Titanium Propeller Ring ($195). Black signature titanium propeller ring for men from out celebrity Reichen Lehmkuhl.
12. Fly Naked with Reichen Grey Titanium Propeller Pendant ($149). This one-of-a-kind titanium necklace for men features the signature Fly Naked propeller.
13. Stainless Steel Male Insignias with Orange and Black Cords ($69) Exclusive to the Queer as Folk Collection.
14. Stainless Steel Live Love Tags ($99) Exclusive to The L Word Collection.
About Love and Pride
Love and Pride is the premier jewelry collection for people who believe in diversity, equality and tolerance. The collection is available at www.amazon.com/loveandpride, www.loveandpride.com and at select Saks Fifth Avenue locations. Love and Pride offers rings, watches, necklaces, bracelets and more for women and men in eye-catching designs for every budget, from $30 to $7,000, including the bestselling The L Word and Queer as Folk collections inspired by the groundbreaking SHOWTIME original series. Love and Pride was created by Udi Behr, one of today's most exciting and original jewelry designers, whose jewelry has adorned such stars as Sharon Stone, Gwen Stefani and Angela Bassett. 10% of LoveandPride.com revenue is donated to non-profit organizations that support GLBT equality, including Lambda Legal, the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN) and the Matthew Shepard Foundation.
Amazon.com, Inc., (NASDAQ:AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as health and personal care, jewelry and watches, gourmet food, sports and outdoors, apparel and accessories, books, music, DVDs, electronics and office, toys and baby, and home and garden.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, and the Joyo Amazon websites at www.joyo.cn and www.amazon.cn.
As used herein, "Amazon.com," "we," "our" and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management's expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, significant amount of indebtedness, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com's financial results is included in Amazon.com's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2006, and all subsequent filings.