Members worldwide purchased more than 100 million products during Prime Day
The Fire TV Stick Basic Edition was the best-selling product in Canada on Prime Day 2018. Additional best-selling products included the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multi-use (6 Quart), LifeStraw Personal Water Filter and Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones
SEATTLE, July 18, 2018 /CNW/ - (NASDAQ:AMZN) – On a day (and a half) with more than one million deals worldwide offered exclusively to Prime members, sales this Prime Day surpassed Cyber Monday, Black Friday and the previous Prime Day, when comparing 36-hour periods, making this once again the biggest shopping event in Amazon history. Prime members worldwide purchased more than 100 million products during this year's Prime Day event. Best-sellers worldwide were the Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot – making this, with 12-hour early access to deals, the biggest event ever for Amazon devices. Small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon far exceeded $1 billion in sales worldwide this Prime Day.
"Prime Day offers us a unique opportunity to thank Prime members with our best deals," said Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon. "Extending Prime Day to a day and a half this year allowed us to further reward members with unbeatable deals, access to exclusive new products and unforgettable experiences that highlight the many benefits of a Prime membership. All of this was made possible because of our many valued associates around the world – the global team that continues to make Prime Day bigger and better."
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2018
- A record number of Prime members shopped across 17 countries.
- Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 16 than any previous day in Amazon history.
- Customers purchased millions of Fire TV devices on Amazon globally during Prime Day.
- Prime Day was the biggest event ever for Echo devices with screens.
- Customers purchased more than five million items in each of the following categories: Toys, Beauty Products, PCs and Computer Accessories, Apparel and Kitchen Products.
- July 16 was the best day ever for Fire TV devices and Kindle e-readers on Amazon globally.
- For the first time, members in Australia, Singapore, the Netherlands and Luxembourg participated in Prime Day.
- Millions of customers around the world streamed Unboxing Prime Day events including the Amazon Music concert with Ariana Grande as well as the PUBG Squad Showdown hosted by Twitch Prime with a performance by deadmau5.
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
Customers' most popular purchase this Prime Day was the Fire TV Stick, which was not only the best-selling Amazon device, but also the best-selling product from any manufacturer in any category across Amazon globally. Top sellers from around the world, excluding Amazon devices, include:
- Canada: Instant Pot 6Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use; LifeStraw Personal Water Filter; Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones
- U.S.: Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use; 23 and Me DNA Test; and LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- U.K.: Bosch Cordless Drill; Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting Light strip; Finish Dishwasher Tablets
- Spain: SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card with SD adaptor; Cecotec Conga Excellence 990 4 in 1 iTech 3.0 robot vacuum cleaner
- Singapore: Coca-Cola Zero Sugar; Play-Doh Shape and Learn Shape a Story; Kleenex Ultra Soft Toilet Tissue
- Netherlands: Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10 LED Spot; Sandisk Micro SD
- Mexico: Ace Powder Laundry Detergent; Amazon Basics USB Lightning Cable
- Luxembourg: Jamie Oliver Tefal pan; Brita water filter; Solar-lamp in preserve jar with USB connector
- Japan: Top Super Nanox Liquid Laundry Detergent + Extra Large Refill, SAVAS Whey Protein 100 cocoa flavor 1050g
- Italy: Finish Dishwasher Tabs All in 1 Max; Braun Multi-grooming Kit Precision Trimmer 9-in-1 for beard Styling; Hoover Rechargeable Broom 2-in-1 Freedom
- India: Redmi Y2 Gold 32 GB smartphone; Tata salt; Mi 10000mAH Li-Polymer Power Bank 2i
- Germany and Austria: PlayStation Plus Membership; Jamie Oliver Pan by Tefal; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug
- France: PlayStation Plus Membership; SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card, TP Link Wi-Fi connected plug
- China: Philips Sonicare Healthy White HX6730 Toothbrush, Braun Digital Ear Thermometer, Paul & Joe Beaute Moisturizing Foundation
- Belgium: SanDisk Ultra 128GB; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue lightbulbs
- Australia: PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console with Bonus Fortnite Content; FIFA 18 PlayStation 4; Philips Hue lightbulbs
Spotlighting Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon far exceeded $1 billion in sales worldwide this Prime Day. Products from these unique sellers increase variety, selection, and contribute to the ever-expanding inventory available to Prime members worldwide.
Feedback from Canadian small and medium-sized businesses includes:
"We participated in our second Prime Day this year and it blew all previous discounted days out of the water. We sold more units than last year's Prime Day and Black Friday combined. It is fantastic to be able to reach so many customers in such a short period of time who are now all familiar with our brand. We are already looking forward to breaking this record next year." Tania Brassard, GoWood from Montreal, QB
"This is our second Prime Day on Amazon.ca. It's a phenomenal experience in terms of traffic and sales. The transaction level is easily several times higher than usual and the momentum goes for the whole week. We will definitely come back next year and let more customers enjoy great deals on our popular products." Tao Guo, Little Bot Inc. from Toronto, ON
"We saw a huge jump in our sales! It was the biggest sales day for us since the previous Prime Day and we are already looking forward to next year." James Edwards, Spektrum Glasses from Vancouver, BC
"This year has been our best Prime Day yet! After record sales and increased customer engagement, we plan to continue participating in Prime Day every year!" Baber Khimani, Blackstone Naturals from Mississauga, ON
Unboxing Unique Experiences Around the Globe
In the week leading up to Prime Day 2018, millions of customers streamed the Unboxing Prime Day events. Amazon Music hosted an exclusive concert featuring Ariana Grande, Alessia Cara, Julia Michaels and Kelsea Ballerini in New York, Twitch Prime invited deadmau5 to take on the world's top gamers in a PUBG Squad Showdown in Los Angeles and customers in London, Tokyo and Milan were able to join in the live celebration with a number of unique experiences. Highlights from these events are available here.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including shopping and entertainment. In Canada, that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, access to over one million songs on Prime Music, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos, Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, and more. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in Toronto and Vancouver, Prime FREE One-Day Delivery in over six cities, and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at www.amazon.ca/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
SOURCE Amazon Canada