From TVs to headphones and slow cookers to shoes – Prime Day on Amazon.ca will include deals on things you want, things you need, and everything in between
The deals are everywhere – members can shop deals on all devices, across nearly all categories, in all Prime countries
More than 3x the laptop units in Canada compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined
Click HERE for high resolution image
SEATTLE – June 29, 2016 – On Tuesday, July 12, the second-annual Prime Day will feature more than 100,000 deals worldwide exclusively for Prime members, making it the biggest Amazon event ever. New and existing members in Canada, U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Belgium, and Austria, will find deals across nearly all departments and categories, ensuring there will be something for everyone. Members in Canada can shop starting at midnight PT, with new deals as often as every hour throughout the day. To find out more and also how you can participate in Prime Day, visit www.amazon.ca/primeday.
"Prime Day is a unique opportunity to discover new items and great deals, on top of our already low prices. Following last year's record sales, we have dramatically increased the inventory behind many deals. In fact, in Canada we have more than 3x the laptop units compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined," said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. "Even with this massive selection, we know many of the Prime Day offers will sell out, so members should join Prime on or before July 12."
Something for Everyone
As reported last year, Prime Day was the biggest day for sales internationally up to that point. Beyond the top-selling deals, and best-selling devices, there were other chart-topping categories in each Prime-eligible country. Some of the highlights from 2015 include:
- Canada: Headphones, diapers and slow cookers
- France: Video game consoles and speaker systems
- Germany and Austria: Sandals and sweets
- Italy: Routers and beard and hair trimmers
- Japan: Skin care, household supplies and herbal supplements
- Spain: Heart rate watches, sports computers and GPS devices
- U.K.: Video games, headphones and power toothbrushes
- U.S.: Toys, mobile device cases and pet products like toys, food and treats
Countdown Deals July 5 through July 11
In addition to blockbuster deals on Prime Day, July 12, Amazon will offer countdown deals for Prime members every day from July 5 through July 11. That means members in Canada will find summer entertainment deals on Amazon.ca starting Tuesday, July 5, including select Hasbro toys and games. Countdown deals will include gadgets on-the-go, products perfect for summer travel, foodies and outdoor living, as well as back-to-school and in-home essentials. Customers can visit www.amazon.ca/primeday to learn more.
What's New on Prime Day
- Deals are Everywhere – Members can shop deals on all devices, across nearly all categories, in all Prime countries.
- Lots of Laptops – The deal inventory of laptops in Canada will be more than 3x Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
- Sort by Category – Newly-enhanced deal shopping is designed to help customers swiftly sort deals by category.
- More Sellers – Twice as many small business sellers around the world are participating in Prime Day this year.
More to Prime
Tens of millions of Prime members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime. In Canada that includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items, discounted One-Day Shipping for as low as $3.99 per item, Same-Day Delivery in Toronto and Vancouver for a flat fee of $6.99 per order, 30-minute early access to select Lightning Deals, and unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos. For more information, visit www.amazon.ca/primeday.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.