Renovation and Major Enhancements to Begin at Westminster Mall this Spring
Westminster, Calif., March 12, 2008 – Simon Property Group, Inc., today officially announced a major renovation will take place at Westminster Mall, beginning as soon as early spring of this year. It is scheduled to be completed by this fall, before the holiday season begins.
Through the extensive renovation, Westminster Mall will create a new contemporary shopping environment. Shoppers can look forward to the addition of several amenities and enhancements, giving the mall a fresh new look and feel.
“We are thrilled to reveal a new and improved Westminster Mall this Fall,” said Lindsay Hermance, Director of Mall Marketing. “The renovation is just another way that we continue to deliver on our commitment to provide a quality shopping experience for our shoppers and community.”
The mall renovations will include new interior and exterior features/amenities such as softer and trendier seating arrangements, improved parking areas, enhanced public and family areas, redesigned site and mall entrances and refurbished features.
Specific projects include:
• New/improved flooring on both levels; replacing terrazzo with new carpet on the Lower Level and refurbishing terrazzo on Upper Level.
• New railings/handrails and solid pane panels
• Redesign of department store courts and other key areas throughout the center to include enhanced seating areas, featuring soft seating, furniture and planters
• Complete remodel of mall entrances
• Re-landscaped parking lot with the addition of directional signage
• New monument signage at all property entrances
• Complete remodel of center's food court, featuring new high tables and banquettes
• Addition of children's soft play area in the Lower Level JCPenney Court
• Construction of new Family Restroom/Lounge in the Lower Level JCPenney Court
• Carpeted soft seating areas added throughout the mall for customer comfort and convenience
Additional details about the renovation, including construction timetable, color renderings and samples of new mall amenities and finish materials, will be announced as details solidify. Construction will be performed in such a way as to minimize interference or customer inconvenience during the mall's operating hours. No store openings will concur with mall renovation.
About Simon Property Group
Simon Property Group, Inc. is an S&P 500 company and the largest public U.S. real estate company. Simon is a fully integrated real estate company which operates from five retail real estate platforms: regional malls, Premium Outlet Centers®, The Mills®, community/lifestyle centers and international properties. It currently owns or has an interest in 379 properties comprising 258 million square feet of gross leasable area in North America, Europe and Asia. The Company is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana and employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. Simon Property Group, Inc. is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol SPG. For further information, visit the Company's website at www.simon.com.