Diversity and Inclusion
Click here to learn about Wynn's Supplier Diversity Program.
The Wynn | Encore Diversity Council is comprised of employees from all parts of our business – including representation from Senior Management as well as our Legal Counsel. The purpose of the group is to support our Company’s diversity commitment.
The group meets on a quarterly basis to:
- Provide input on how to better serve
- Build on and sustain our model
The Council goals are:
- Leveraging the resources we have to create a culture of inclusion
- Creating an inclusive work environment that makes full use of the contribution of all employees
- Fostering a workforce that reflects and embraces the diversity of our community
- Developing outside and vendor partnerships that support our commitment and help work toward to a fair and equal economy
- Create synergy between division/department diversity action plans and initiatives
- Develop a diversity best practices framework and grow best practices models across the Company
- Discover and mentor new initiatives
- Using the Storyteller program, visibly recognize and communicate diversity best practices achievement throughout the Company
- Identify and address emerging issues
- Welcome the views of outside speakers
- Develop a Company-wide diversity scorecard
LGBT Focus Group
The Wynn | Encore LGBT Focus group is comprised of employees from all parts of our business, including marketing, PR, and Senior Management, who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, or transgender, as well as their co-workers who support them.
This focus group was created to help the Company recognize and capitalize on the LGBT market as well as to advise on Company participation in LGBT community events and services.
This group meets quarterly – or as needed - and among its recent accomplishments:
- Advising on niche marketing to LGBT individuals
- Servicing our LGBT guests
- Translating our service culture to include LGBT guest awareness
This group was instrumental in our Company achieving 100% on the HRC Corporate Equality Index.
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index
Scored 100% in our first year of participation
The index rates companies on equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees. Issued by the Human Rights Campaign in Washington, D.C., the index takes into account domestic-partner benefits and diversity training.
- The only business in our industry to accomplish this in our first year of participation
- Wynn Resorts was one of only two Las Vegas companies to score 100% on the 2011 Corporate Equality Index
The HRC Foundation's CEI report, released each fall, provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Beyond the CEI report, businesses rated 100% are recognized in the companion "Best Places to Work" list, released at the beginning of each calendar year.