EnPro's management and directors are committed to stringent oversight of the company's operations and financial reporting system. Examples of our commitment to corporate governance include:
- Only one employee-director, our Chief Executive Officer, is a member of our Board.
- The Chairman of the Board is not an executive of the company.
- The remaining members of our Board are independent of management.
- The independent members of our Board meet regularly without management present.
- Each committee of our Board has a written charter to establish its duties and responsibilities.
- Our independent auditors, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, report directly to the Board's Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- The Board has adopted a Code of Business Conduct that sets high standards of behavior for all directors, officers and employees of the company. All directors and officers have certified their compliance with the Code.
- A toll-free assistance line is available for reporting violation of the Code or other questionable business activities. Reports may be made anonymously and confidentially by calling the EnPro EnTegrity Assistance Line:
1-888-840-2349 (in the United States) or 001-770-582-5207 (outside the United States) French-, German- and Spanish-speaking operators are available.
- A strong internal audit function monitors compliance with our financial policies and reports to the Audit and Risk Management Committee.
By putting these and other measures in place, we not only comply with the rules and laws regulating public companies, but also exceed those rules and laws in many instances.
No other commitment is more important than our commitment to ethical behavior and sound corporate governance. These principles are our most important asset as we seek the trust of our investors, customers, employees and the communities where we operate.
Stephen E. Macadam
President and Chief Executive Officer
EnPro has implemented and is committed to best-practice corporate governance guidelines. We have set high standards of integrity and accountability for our directors, officers and employees, and we are committed to full disclosure of the company's affairs.
Gordon R. Harnett
Non-Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors