|Illuminating Engineering Society Selects Five Innovative Acuity Brands Luminaires for Annual Progress Report|
(GLOBE NEWSWIRE via COMTEX) --
ATLANTA - August 17, 2017 - Five LED lighting solutions from Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) were selected for the 2017 Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) Progress Report, which showcases the year's most significant developments in the art and science of lighting. Acuity Brands luminaires selected by IES address a variety of lighting applications in the commercial, educational, transportation and retail sectors.
- GEN4 L Series Downlighting by Indy(TM): a comprehensive family of downlights with the industry's highest delivered efficacies (up to 130 lm/w), and highest delivered lumen output (nearly 8,000 lm) from a 4" aperture. Also, the GEN4 L Series is the first complete downlight family with indoor positioning (IPS) technology that, when activated, can help shoppers with in-store wayfinding and retailers with the ability to provide faster customer assistance and optimize store layouts.
- MYO Series Recessed Multiple by Gotham®: a multifunctional luminaire system that delivers up to three layers of light - ambient, task and accent -- from a single, minimalistic form factor, and without compromise to lighting performance and configurability.
- EVO® 6" High Lumen Downlight by Gotham: an architectural downlight that offers not only the highest delivered lumen output (17,500 lm) in 6" round and square aperture downlights, but also five tailored distributions that allow for precise and optimized layouts to get the desired "look" for a space with minimal power density. Patented Bounding Ray(TM) optical design also creates an exceptional balance of efficiency and visual comfort.
- HMAO LED III High Mast Luminaire by Holophane®: an outdoor luminaire that uses best-in-class prismatic glass optics with six unique distribution patterns and superior 140 lumens per watt lighting efficiency that drives at least a 65% reduction in energy requirements over traditional High Mast solutions.
- LightFlex(TM) CCT tubular skylight by Sunoptics®: the first daylighting system to color-shift cool daylight color temperature to warm color temperature through the use of patented remote phosphor technology; minimizes the variation between electric and natural light sources and enables the conversion to "warmer" light when preferred.
"We thank the IES for this honor," said Acuity Brands Lighting Senior Vice President, Demand Generation, Sarah Golish. "Our recognition by the IES Progress Report is a testament to our ability to fulfill the desire of many customers for constant innovation of lighting that provides customized solutions for a variety of applications."
For more information about the 2017 IES Progress Report, please visit www.ies.org.
About Acuity Brands
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is the North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of indoor and outdoor lighting and energy management solutions. With fiscal year 2015 net sales of $2.7 billion, Acuity Brands currently employs approximately 10,000 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia. The Company's products and solutions are sold under various brands, including Lithonia Lighting®, Holophane®, Peerless®, Gotham®, Mark Architectural Lighting(TM), Winona® Lighting, Juno®, Indy(TM), AccuLite®, Aculux(TM), NaviLite®, DanaLite(TM), Healthcare Lighting®, Hydrel®, American Electric Lighting®, Carandini®, Antique Street Lamps(TM), Sunoptics®, RELOC® Wiring Solutions, eldoLED®, Distech Controls®, Acuity Controls(TM) and Atrius(TM). Visit us at www.acuitybrands.com.
# # #
This announcement is distributed by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions on behalf of Nasdaq Corporate Solutions clients.
The issuer of this announcement warrants that they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the information contained therein.
Source: Acuity Brands, Inc via Globenewswire