NOVI, Mich., June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- (Telematics Detroit) -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced that it will showcase its innovative navigation solutions at Telematics Detroit 2012, June 6-7, in the Amethyst Meeting Room at The Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan.
TCS' Demonstrations will Include:
- HTML5 Web Navigation: Search, map and navigate with TCS' local street audio guidance directly from any WebKit browser on any device without having to pre-install the application or rely on device-specific capabilities.
- Augmented Reality: Experience simple and reliable turn-by-turn navigation using a live camera on a device with spoken directions, overlay arrows, street names, distance to next turn, traffic alerts and more.
- Test Drive Our Demo: Take a ride in TCS' Connected Car, complete with a custom in-dash system showcasing the latest TCS premium navigation features, currently used today by millions of subscribers on their mobile devices.
- Safety and Security: TCS' in-dash navigation system is fully equipped with customizable safety components that can be tailored to manufacturer safety protocols designed to promote a safe in-vehicle application experience.
- Connected Car: Come to booth #46 to see the integration of a popular mobile navigation application with a head unit interface optimized for telematics.
- QNX CAR™ 2 application platform, booth #41: TCS' advanced hybrid navigation is a core component of the QNX CAR 2 platform, winner of a CNET Best of CES 2012 award in the "Car Tech" category. TCS and The Weather Network have collaborated to link the solutions via the QNX platform to enable a new level of user experience.
TCS is a global leader in high-reliability location-based services, providing complete, end-to-end wireless LBS solutions that include branded and private-label applications, infrastructure, mapping, and content for leading consumer brands, content providers, voice service providers and more than 60 commercial customers worldwide. TCS provided the world's first wireless location platform, and it is the industry's leading provider of LBS infrastructure. Using innovative mobile cloud computing services, TCS offers top revenue-producing applications for navigation, hyper-local search, workforce tracking and family locators. For more information on TCS LBS services, visit www.telecomsys.com/LBS.
TCS representatives will be on hand at the TCS Meeting Room to answer questions and facilitate demonstrations. Media interested in scheduling demonstrations or interviews may contact Graham Sorkin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-440-2406.
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120503/PH99996LOGO )
SOURCE TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.