2016 Reverse Stock Split. Axcelis completed a reverse stock split on June 30, 2016, which impacted the number of shares outstanding. The attached IRS Form 8937 provides information on how a shareholder’s tax basis in Axcelis common stock was impacted by the reverse split.
Shareholder Actions. The information below is designed to help Axcelis stockholders determine who to contact in the event they wish to:
• change the ownership of your Axcelis shares to an identified transferee (in a private sale, gift or transfer on death),
• sell shares in the public market,
• transfer shares to a brokerage account or
• engage in other transactions.
In order to determine what service to access, you first need to determine if you are:
• A registered holder of shares;
• A holder of shares through a brokerage account; or
• A holder of shares acquired through an employee stock plan.
ARE YOU A REGISTERED HOLDER?
Registered holders include:
• All holders of stock certificates;
• Persons who hold Axcelis common stock that was issued directly to them (or to a person who has donated or bequeathed the shares) by Eaton Corporation (our former parent company) prior to 2001 (including the dividend issued by Eaton on December 29, 2000.) Click here for FAQ on the share dividend issued by Eaton (including cost basis calculation);
• Persons who hold Axcelis common stock that was granted or purchased pursuant to an Axcelis employee stock program which is not held through our current stock plan administrator, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (see below) or transferred to another brokerage.
Registered stock holders must contact Axcelis’ transfer agent, Computershare Trust Company, N.A., if they wish to change the name on their account, sell shares, transfer shares to a brokerage account or engage in other transactions. Click here for contact information for Computershare.
ARE YOU A BROKERAGE HOLDER?
If you did not acquire your shares directly from Eaton Corporation or from Axcelis, do not have a stock certificate, and acquired shares in the public market or from someone else who acquired shares in the public market, your shares are held through a brokerage account and you will need to identify that account and contact that brokerage in order to change the name on the account, sell shares, transfer shares to a different brokerage account or engage in other transactions. Please check your files to determine what brokerage has sent you account statements that include Axcelis shares, or has mailed you an Axcelis annual report and proxy statement.
ARE YOU AN EMPLOYEE OR FORMER EMPLOYEE HOLDER?
If you acquired your shares from Axcelis as an employee (or from an Axcelis employee who has donated or bequeathed the shares to you) and you are not a registered holder, your shares are held either at a Morgan Stanley Smith Barney account, or at another brokerage account to which the shares were transferred (see “Are you a Brokerage Holder?”). Please contact Morgan Stanley Smith Barney for further information:
Employees located in U.S. Toll-Free - 1-800-367-4777
Employees located in Europe: Toll-Free - +800 1212 1314 Toll-Number - +34 93 316 5973
Employees located in Asia: Toll-Free - +800 8888 4848 Toll-Number - +61 2 8225 0725
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Website: www.benefitaccess.com
|08/18/16 - 8:00 a.m.|
Axcelis To Present At The Credit Suisse 7th Annual Small & Mid Cap Conference
|08/02/16 - 4:02 p.m.|
Axcelis Announces Financial Results For Second Quarter 2016
|07/21/16 - 8:00 a.m.|
Kevin J. Brewer Of Axcelis Honored As "CFO Of The Year" By The Boston Business Journal
Q2 2016 Axcelis Technologies, Inc. Earnings Conference Call (Replay)
08/02/16 at 5:00 p.m. ET