SALT LAKE CITY (Sept. 12, 2005) - U.S. Bank, through the U.S. Bancorp Foundation, will present more than $44,000 in grants to 15 nonprofit organizations in Salt Lake City. Damon Miller, president of U.S. Bank in Utah, announced the grants.
"The team at U.S. Bank values these organizations because they provide programs and services that help create strong and vibrant communities in Utah," said Miller.
U.S. Bank awarded grants to the following nonprofit organizations:
- Jordan Education Foundation, Inc. - to support teachers' efforts for
creative and innovative special projects in the classroom;
- YouthLINC - to help fund its Reach Out program which will pair hearing
with hearing-impaired youth to develop strategies to reach a school or workplace
- KUED-7 Public Television - for the "Ready to Learn" program, which
focuses on children ages two to 12 to help them gain skills to be successful
- Salt Lake City Foundation - in support of YouthCity After School summer
and employment programs, the Sorenson Computer Center and the Kennedy Center
- Ballet West - to help fund its education and outreach programs;
- Ririe Woodbury Dance Company - for the Step Lively dance education
- Junior Achievement of Utah, Inc. - to support a whole school sponsorship
of an elementary school;
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake - for Project Learn: The
Educational Enhancement Program;
- Intermountain Native American Association - to assist with the association's
home buyer financial literacy program;
- KBUY Public Television in coordination with the Technology Assisted
Language Learning office of Brigham Young University - for support
of new English as a Second Language (ESL) programs designed to teach English
to immigrants in the United States;
- Ogden Nature Center - for on-site education programs for school-aged
children to experience nature firsthand; and
- KPCW - to provide operating support for this public radio station.
The U.S. Bancorp Foundation contributes to the strength and vitality of local communities through partnerships that improve the educational and economic opportunities of low- and moderate-income individuals and families and enhance the cultural and artistic life of the communities in which U.S. Bancorp operates.
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $204 billion in assets, is the 6th largest financial holding company in the United States. The company operates 2,383 banking offices and 4,877 ATMs in 24 states, and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. U.S. Bancorp is home of the Five Star Service Guarantee in which the company pays customers if certain key banking benefits and services are not met. U.S. Bancorp is the parent company of U.S. Bank. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at usbank.com.
Amy Frantti, Media Relations