FARGO, N.D. (July 6, 2005) - The U.S. Bancorp Foundation continues its strong tradition of supporting the Fargo-Moorhead community by donating more than $44,000 in grants to area non-profit organizations during the first six months of 2005. Among those receiving grants were the following:
- Churches United for the Homeless to support the renovation of its new shelter;
- F-M Symphony for the Young People's Educational Concert in 2006;
- Fraser, Ltd. for the fourth annual Volunteer Camp for children and young adults to learn the importance of volunteering. U.S. Bank has partnered with Fraser to provide this camp since its inception in 2002;
- Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corp. to support its mission of promoting our communities, recruiting new businesses, and supporting the existing businesses;
- Junior Achievement for educational programs in area schools. U.S. Bank also provides 20 employee volunteers each year for the classroom instruction, and employee Kathi Kuhn serves on its board;
- March of Dimes to support its mission of improving the lives of premature babies in North Dakota; U.S. Bank has been the state sponsor of WalkAmerica for three years, raising almost $20,000 by its employees walking for pledges, and through corporate gifts;
- Minnesota State University Moorhead for the Bookin' It student scholarship program;
- North Dakota High School Activities Association for the U.S. Bank Distinguished Student Scholarship Program;
- North Dakota State University for student scholarship programs; and
- Village Family Service Center for the free First-Time Homebuyer Education and Counseling program.
"We're very pleased and proud to give back to the community through charitable giving, and U.S. Bank is equally proud to support the volunteerism of our 1,000 local employees who are making a real difference in our community," said Ron Robson, regional president for U.S. Bank.
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with assets of $198 billion, is the 6th largest financial holding company in the United States. The company operates 2,377 banking offices and 4,654 ATMs, and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. U.S. Bancorp is home of the Five Star Service Guarantee which assures customers of certain key banking benefits and services or customers will be paid for their inconvenience. U.S. Bancorp is the parent company of U.S. Bank. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at usbank.com.
Contacts: Ron Robson