|Simon Property Group's 'Feelin' Groovy' - Presented by Radio Disney - Geared to Helping Kids Feel Good About Themselves|
Radio Disney DJs, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Winx Club Fairies, Cabbage Patch Kids to Visit Children at 63 Simon Malls
INDIANAPOLIS, July 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Simon Property Group (NYSE: SPG) announced today that 63 Simon Malls around the country will play host to Feelin' Groovy, an event designed to encourage kids' eagerness to learn, strengthen their safety awareness skills, and build their confidence when faced with new and different situations.
Presented by Radio Disney, Feelin' Groovy is a fun, interactive event featuring some of the country's most popular children's characters and is targeted to children ages 2 through 12 and their families.
Disc Jockeys from local Radio Disney stations will emcee the events that also will feature appearances by the courageous Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the mystical Winx Club Fairies, and the lovable Cabbage Patch Kids. There also will be special "doctors" to perform check-ups on any Cabbage Patch Kids, Babies and Newborns who are brought to the event by the children.
Importantly, parents can pick up free health and safety information from the Ad Council, and their kids can be stars in the new, interactive Ad Council Theater. MyGuardian911 will provide tips on how to help parents keep their children safe in an increasingly complex world.
"Feelin' Groovy is a multi-dimensional event that delivers relevant and meaningful messages to encourage kids to be safe and feel really good about themselves," said Cathi Weiner, senior vice president, Business Development, for Simon Brand Ventures, the business-to-consumer arm of Simon Property Group. "Our event will encourage kids to have fun learning, take steps to be safe, and aspire to always do their best."
The three-hour event is one of several programs hosted throughout the year by Simon Kidgits Club, which has attracted more than 600,000 kids and their parents as members, and is designed to connect consumers to brands in a "lifestyle" destination, reinforce the mall as a family destination, engage Simon retailers, and appeal to marketers. The event is free and open to the public.
Simon Kidgits Club programs focus on children's health, education, safety and entertainment, and offer kids 3 to 8 years of age a membership card, T-shirt, birthday gift, a child-friendly newsletter, and other benefits.
Each Feelin' Groovy event includes:
* Radio Disney - Local Radio Disney DJs will promote Feelin' Groovy on local Radio Disney stations, emcee the events, and entertain the kids throughout the day.
* Cabbage Patch Kids Medical Station - Kids are encouraged to bring their Cabbage Patch Kids, Babies and Newborns for a quick check-up, and simultaneously learn to be more comfortable when visiting the doctor themselves.
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Two "radical" characters welcome the kids to the events and encourage kids to think about what they want to be when they grow up.
* Winx Club Fairies - One of the Winx Club Fairies from this animated TV series beckon children to the celebration with a reminder to use their "inner powers" to help them feel good about themselves in any situation.
* Ad Council - The council will launch a brand new interactive theater with important kid-friendly health and safety messages from the U.S. Department of Forestry, Department of Homeland Security, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Library of Congress.
* MyGuardian911 - This organization will present its GPS cell phone-like device for parents to quickly locate, communicate with, and view the location of their kids 24/7 on the Internet. Kids also will learn about GPS and its benefits for them and their families.
* Pampers' Kandoo - In mid-August, Pampers' Kandoo will join the tour, teaching kids that getting clean head to tail can be fun and easy too with flushable wipes, foaming hand soap and the new Kandoo two-in-one instant foam shampoo and foaming body wash.
* Other interactive and educational stations will be tailored to the local markets.
"Simon Malls provide the ideal settings to engage kids and parents about important topics in a fun, interactive setting," said Peggy Iafrate, director, Integrated Marketing, Radio Disney. "Feelin' Groovy will be a fun and motivational event for both kids and families."
The national event will be supported by on-air radio promotions by local Radio Disney stations, on-site signage, point-of-sale, and interactive promotions. Simon also will host similar Kidgits Club events at 25 other Simon Malls through the summer.
About Simon Property Group
Simon Property Group, Inc., an S&P 500 company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, is a real estate investment trust engaged in the ownership, development and management of retail real estate, primarily regional malls, Premium Outlet(R) centers and community/lifestyle centers. The Company's current total market capitalization is approximately $42 billion. Through its subsidiary partnership, it currently owns or has an interest in 285 properties in the United States containing an aggregate of 200 million square feet of gross leasable area in 39 states plus Puerto Rico. Simon also owns interests in 52 European shopping centers in France, Italy, and Poland; 5 Premium Outlet centers in Japan; and one Premium Outlet center in Mexico. Additional Simon Property Group information is available at http://www.simon.com . Simon Property Group, Inc. is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol SPG.
About Simon Brand Ventures
Simon Brand Ventures (SBV), Simon's business-to-consumer arm, has pioneered the transformation of shopping malls into a medium where consumer brands can build one-on-one relationships with shoppers who make approximately 2.4 billion visits to Simon malls each year. Simon's vast franchise of market-leading shopping centers nationwide provides SBV the foundation to monetize the distribution system through numerous consumer ventures. SBV has engaged in a number of consumer business initiatives, including the Simon Giftcard(R), launch of Simon platform programs such as Simon Kidgits Club(R), Simon Super Chefs Live!(R), Simon DTour Live(R), and Simon Evening of Giving(R); a national media delivery channel including static, digital and experiential marketing and advertising vehicles; and multiple national and local marketing alliances with Coca-Cola, Visa U.S.A. and Cingular Wireless, among others.
About Radio Disney
Celebrating 10 years on the airwaves, Radio Disney has become the number one destination for kids, tweens and families on the radio. Radio Disney is available to 97 percent of the U.S. through 50 plus terrestrial stations. In addition, Radio Disney can be heard on XM and Sirius satellite radio (channel 115), on digital cable (MUSIC CHOICE), on XM/DIRECTV (channel 867) and via streaming on http://RadioDisney.com . Radio Disney is a 24/7 family-friendly network that offers hit music, inspired programming and superstar promotions. Radio Disney has won the "Silver Angel Award for Excellence in Programming," iParenting's "Media Excellence Award" and Radio Ink's "Reader's Choice Award" for Best Full Time Format. The Radio Disney brand extends beyond terrestrial radio with the successful Radio Disney Jams CDs; the RADIO DISNEY NOW! podcast available on iTunes, RadioDisney.com and Yahoo.com; a branded section in Apple's iTunes store and a 24/7, dedicated on-demand music channel on Verizon/VOD. In addition, Radio Disney can be heard internationally and is currently available in the United Kingdom, Japan, and most of South America.
SOURCE Simon Property Group, Inc.