COLUMBUS, IN -- (Marketwired) -- 05/17/13 --
This week, Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) released its 2012-2013 Sustainability Report, on the Company's Sustainability Web page (www.cummins.com/sustainability).
There are articles on Company initiatives throughout the world including Brazil, China, Dubai, India, Mexico, Morocco, the United States and the United Kingdom. The report, which includes more articles and photos than ever before, also includes a special section on innovation at Cummins and an expanded section on safety at the Company.
Perhaps most importantly, the new report features plenty of statistics on Cummins' performance over a number of areas the Company believes are critical to sustainability, including:
- Cummins is now recycling nearly 90 percent of the waste it produces.
- The Company has reduced water consumption 47 percent over the past five years adjusted for total hours worked.
- The 2012 Environmental Challenge reduced greenhouse gases a record 4,300 tons.
- Almost 28,000 Cummins employees worked on community service projects in 2012, a new record.
- The Company's safety Incidence Rate, a measure based on recordable injuries and illnesses, has dropped 72 percent over the past 10 years.
- Cummins' spending with diverse suppliers increased almost 10 percent in 2012.
"Our ongoing commitment to innovate and engage in everything we do will ensure our customers' long term success and ultimately the sustainability of our Company for all our stakeholders now and into the future," Chairman and CEO Tom Linebarger said in his letter that kicks off the report.
An executive summary of the full report is also posted on the sustainability page. A limited number of both publications will be printed later this month.
Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 46,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,500 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.66 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2012. Press releases can be found on the Web at www.cummins.com. Follow Cummins on Twitter at @Cummins and on YouTube at CumminsInc.
Director - External Communications
Source: Cummins Inc.