NEW YORK, Aug 25, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The New York Times Building will host 9/11 Remembered: A Gallery of Reflection, an exhibit to mark the 10th anniversary of the events of Sept. 11, 2001. The gallery will be on view in the lobby of the Times Building and open to the public from Thursday, Sept. 8, through Monday, Sept. 12, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
9/11 Remembered will be a reflection on Sept. 11, 2001 and the past 10 years, and a look toward the future, told through still and video images curated from The New York Times archive. The exhibit will include:
- More than 150 photographs from The Times's archive, including a Pulitzer Prize-winning series of photos depicting the events of Sept. 11, 2001.
- An interactive database of Portraits of Grief, where visitors can view biographical sketches and photos of the victims of 9/11.
- Interactive features, which allow visitors to share their thoughts and memories of 9/11, and their hopes for the future.
- A new series of photographs by Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Damon Winter, which captures the workers building the new Freedom Tower.
- Numerous video features, including a timeline of events since Sept. 11, 2001; interviews with New Yorkers about what they learned from 9/11; and a look at the troops who enlisted in the days after 9/11.
- A virtual model of the future World Trade Center site and Memorial Pools.
- A display of artifacts from Sept. 11, 2001, saved and submitted by readers.
9/11 Remembered is presented by The New York Times and Forest City Ratner Companies. Additional information about the exhibit can be found at http://www.NYTGalleryofReflection.com.
On Sunday, Sept. 11, 2011, The New York Times will publish a special news section in print and online. The section will focus on the lingering consequences of 9/11, told through articles and columns, videos, photos, interactive graphics and user-generated content.
Editor's note: For media interested in filming the 9/11 Remembered exhibit, please reach out to one of the media contacts above.
About The New York Times Company
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading media company with 2010 revenues of $2.4 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, 15 other daily newspapers and more than 50 Web sites, including NYTimes.com, Boston.com and About.com. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
About Forest City Ratner Companies
FCRC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Forest City Enterprises, Inc., owns and operates 32 properties in the New York metropolitan area. Forest City Enterprises, Inc., is an $11.5 billion NYSE-listed national real estate company. The Company is principally engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate and land throughout the United States. For more information, visit http://www.forestcity.net.
This press release can be downloaded from www.nytco.com
SOURCE: The New York Times Company
The New York Times Company
Danielle Rhoades Ha, 212-556-8719
Kristin Mason, 212-556-4059