|There are no past events to display.|
|* Data collected 06/10/13 - 06/17/13|
|1050 Caribbean Way|
Miami, FL 33132
Phone (305) 539-6000
|American Stock Transfer and Trust Company
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11219
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132
1441 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1100
Miami, FL 33131-2330
|Celebrity Cruises Presents Exceptional New Series of Vacations Immersing Guests in Top Wine-Producing Regions of Europe|
|Celebrity Constellation to visit France, Spain and Portugal with several overnight stays; select Mediterranean sailings enhanced with more visits in Italy and Croatia
MIAMI, Oct. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
Inspired by guest interest, and to continue to offer the best vacation experiences in Europe, Celebrity Cruises has modified a portion of its European lineup in 2012 to present a series of new and distinct vacations designed to appeal to wine enthusiasts, as well as those who simply love the beauty and culture of the top-producing wine regions in Europe.
With six of its 11 ships (including the 2012 debut of Celebrity Reflection) sailing in Europe next year, Celebrity will have the newest hardware in the region, and the line's already extensive itinerary portfolio in Europe - with new Venice homeport offerings and first-time Iceland and Fjords sailings - now will include seven exceptional wine-themed sailings showcasing Celebrity's culinary leadership, and replacing several of the line's previously announced Holy Land and Greek Isles/Turkey sailings from Istanbul in 2012.
From September 7 through November 18, 2012, spanning the height of the fall harvest season, Celebrity Constellation - which completed a $40-million "Solsticizing" renovation just last year - will present entirely new "Immersive Europe Wine Cruises" from Southampton, England. The new sailings will be open for booking beginning Friday, October 14, 2011.
Designed to offer vacationers rich experiences in the classic wine countries of France, Spain and Portugal, the new itineraries feature overnight stays in Le Havre (for Paris/Normandy) and Le Verdon (for Bordeaux), France, as well as Bilbao, Spain, allowing vacationers ample time to sip Champagne in the "City of Light," taste robust Bordeaux in the land that bears its name, and relish fine Rioja wines. Guests also will have the opportunity to enjoy tours and tastings at some of the region's most renowned wineries, grape harvesting experiences, and gain in-person insight into how Port wine is blended and aged in Porto, Portugal.
Celebrity's onboard experience will reflect the flair and flavor of the region, too, with activities developed in partnership with local wineries, including Rioja tastings, Champagne brunches, Bordeaux samplings featuring up to five wines from well-known Chateaus, Port and food pairing dinners and more, including special events in the ship's Cellar Masters bar, complete with its "Enomatic" by-the-glass wine serving system. A seasonal wine package featuring special selections from the region also will be added to Celebrity's already popular package offerings.
"This new series of modern luxury vacations represents a perfect blend of Celebrity's innovation and expertise in food and wine with the regions of Europe that have long been recognized for both," said Celebrity's President & CEO Dan Hanrahan. "It's a truly one-of-a-kind vacation. No other cruise line offers such an enormous breadth and depth of experiences in this highly-rated region during harvest season, and no other line can deliver it like Celebrity can, with our exceptional wine program, expertly trained sommeliers, Cellar Masters wine bars, and up to 500 selections of wine on every ship."
After departing from Southampton, Celebrity Constellation's new wine-themed 12-night itineraries begin with three consecutive overnight stays: one each in Paris (Le Havre) and Bordeaux (Le Verdon), France, and Bilbao, Spain, and also feature visits to Vigo, Spain and Porto, Portugal. The sailings depart roundtrip from SouthamptonSeptember 7 and 19; October 1, 13 and 25; and November 6 and 18, 2012. A two-night cruise departing Amsterdam, Netherlands, on September 5, 2012, can be taken on its own, for an enticing little taste of Celebrity's modern luxury offerings, or combined with the September 7 sailing to create a rich 14-night vacation. The ship's 15-night transatlantic voyage from Europe to the U.S. now will depart SouthamptonNovember 30, 2012, with visits to Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), France; Lisbon, Portugal, and Tenerife, Canary Islands, ending in Miami, Fla.
At the same time, Celebrity is enhancing its presence in the Mediterranean on two of its award-winning Solstice Class ships - the new Celebrity Silhouette and flagship Celebrity Solstice - to offer experiences the line's guest surveys indicate will be even more appealing, with more ports in both Italy and Croatia.
Five previously announced Holy Land sailings on Celebrity Silhouette in 2012 have been modified to the following:
- 13-night Eastern Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruise departing Civitavecchia (for Rome) August 22, with calls on Naples/Capri and Catania, Sicily, Italy; Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, Chania (Souda), Crete and Athens (Piraeus), Greece, and Valletta, Malta, ending with an overnight stay in Venice
- 13-night Italy and Croatia cruise departing roundtrip from VeniceSeptember 4, with visits to Koper, Slovenia; Split and Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Valletta, Malta; and Sicily (Messina), Bari and Ravenna, Italy, ending with an overnight stay in Venice
- 12-night Adriatic cruise beginning September 17 with an overnight in Venice, and visits to Koper, Slovenia; Split and Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; Valletta, Malta; and Ravenna, Bari, Catania, Sicily, and Naples/Capri, ending in Rome (Civitavecchia)
- 12-night Italy and Croatia cruise departing Rome (Civitavecchia) October 11, with an overnight stay in Naples/Capri, in addition to visits to Bari, Ravenna and Catania, Sicily, Italy; Corfu, Greece; Dubrovnik and Split, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; and Koper, Slovenia, ending with an overnight stay in Venice
- 11-night Adriatic cruise beginning October 23 with an overnight stay in Venice, and including another overnight stay in Naples/Capri, with visits to Ravenna and Catania, Sicily, Italy; Split and Dubrovnik, Croatia; Kotor, Montenegro; and Valletta, Malta, ending in Rome (Civitavecchia)
Four previously announced Mediterranean cruises on Celebrity Solstice in 2012, roundtrip from Barcelona, Spain, also have been modified, to offer more ports in the Western Mediterranean, as well as an overnight stay in romantic Venice, as follows:
- 12-night Mediterranean departing May 11, with visits to Dubrovnik, Croatia; Ajaccio, Corsica; Provence (Toulon), France; Naples/Capri, Rome (Civitavecchia) and Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), in addition to the overnight in Venice, Italy
- 12-night Mediterranean departing June 28, with visits to Cannes/Monte Carlo, France; Kotor, Montenegro; Dubrovnik, Florence/Pisa, Naples/Capri and Rome, in addition to the overnight stay in Venice
- 12-night Mediterranean departing August 15, and October 2, with visits to Kotor, Dubrovnik, Naples/Capri, Rome (Civitavecchia), and Malta, in addition to the overnight stay in Venice
With a constant eye on how to best recognize and reward its most loyal guests, Celebrity will further enhance its total European vacation experience by presenting an offer available exclusively to Captain's Club members: From October 14 to December 16, 2011, members who book any nine-night or longer Celebrity vacation on any of the line's six ships sailing in Europe in 2012 will receive an onboard credit of $400 per suite, $225 for each AquaClass or ConciergeClass stateroom, $175 for each veranda stateroom, and $125 for each inside or oceanview stateroom.
Non-members have their chance to capitalize on a special offer, too. In recognition of National Cruise Vacation Week, consumers who book any nine-night or longer Celebrity Europe vacation from October 14-23, 2011, will receive an onboard credit of $250 per suite, $200 per AquaClass or ConciergeClass stateroom, $150 per veranda stateroom, and $100 for inside or oceanview accommodations.
Celebrity will be proactively contacting travel agents and guests with bookings on its newly modified European itineraries. Those guests will have the option to retain their reservation on the modified sailing, move to another like sailing in a like category of accommodations, or cancel with a full refund. Guests with questions about the itinerary modifications also are welcome to contact Celebrity at 1-888-281-9343.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers' precious time. Celebrity sails to Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Bermuda, California, Canada/New England, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Galapagos Islands. Celebrity also offers immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Europe and South America. One of the fastest-growing major cruise lines, Celebrity's fleet currently consists of 10 ships, with one additional Solstice Class ship, Celebrity Reflection, scheduled to join the fleet in Fall 2012. For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com or call your travel agent.
SOURCE Celebrity Cruises